LCD PC monitors

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HenryT, Aug 29, 2005.

1. HenryT

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

They also do the VESA mounts for them which I have:

[​IMG]

With the right graphics card you can do this.

[​IMG]

I'll be honest, I have not found a use for the second option yet.

garyi, Sep 18, 2005
  2. HenryT

Robbo

Gary,

I didnt know you used Seventh Veil speakers!

Robbo, Sep 18, 2005
  3. HenryT

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

That mode's there for desktop publishing work - you can get an A4 true size image on a 15 inch TFT then, IIRC. The old NEC panels we had on the Macs before the new widescreen monitors here at work could do this.

domfjbrown, Sep 19, 2005
  4. HenryT

HenryT

Dom,

So you have the same Apple Widescreen TFT's that I saw over the weekend where you work? Were these the ones you were saying were even better than the NECs?

HenryT, Sep 19, 2005
  5. HenryT

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Those are the newer versions of the ones we have - we have the ones with the integrated (see through) stand - like an old photo frame, where you have two "legs" on the front, and a hinged rest at the back.

domfjbrown, Sep 19, 2005
  6. HenryT

HenryT

Ah right, so it'd probably not be worth my while investigating an NEC TFT then, as I've already seen the best that LCD technology has to offer so far? :)

Now, I've always wondered why they don't make smaller size plasma displays. I know that plasma dispalys have a life expectancy issue but IMHO from what I saw from my little excursion on Saturday they still offer the best image quality.

HenryT, Sep 19, 2005
  7. HenryT

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Good choice on the Iiyama. I've been using a second hand Vision Master Pro 510 (22" CRT) for 5 years now, and its still going strong. :)

PBirkett, Sep 19, 2005
  8. HenryT

Henry the new apple screens you saw are brighter then the old ones, and they have fire wire ports in the back as well as USB (although you will require the PC to have firewire and USB as well.

garyi, Sep 19, 2005
  9. HenryT

HenryT

Paul - I previously had a Iiyama Vision Master Pro 411 (17" CRT) and that is still going strong after 5 years also. The only reason I replaced it was due to a lot of very strange blotchy marks or staines on the screen which I couldn't clean or polish out, I think it was probably the screen's (anti-static/anti-glare) coating flaking off? :confused: 19" is about the right size for my needs as this isn't my main TV/DVD viewing screen, otherwise a larger screen would make sense for the larger virtual desktop area, etc. :)

Gary - I don't reckon I'll be buying an LCD/TFT dispaly for my PC now. Quite happy with the new CRT I've currently got. If I were to go LCD, yes the Apple would be my first choice no doubt, it's a definite benchmark, but it'd be a bit of a luxuary purchase considering the price tag so saving my pennies just for now. :)

HenryT, Sep 19, 2005
  10. HenryT

Furry muff.

garyi, Sep 19, 2005
Ask a Question