MeMOry card bargains... MAKE THAT FAKES, NOT BARGAINS!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MO!, Jan 8, 2007.

1. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Damn that's cheap Goomer!!!

I paid £36.99 for mine from play just the other week!!!

Wonder if this is a mistake? Either way I've just ordered a couple.

I phoned play a while back to ask if they could confirm if their stock was genuine (seems some people might be selling fakes without knowing), and if they contained the capture one license.
    They couldn't confirm either.

As I said in the previous post, the one I did recieve had the license and has a few noticeable differences from the fake from e_cell.

Regarding the fake, I've had to wait 10 days before escelating it to a claim. 10 days will be up toMOrrow, so I'll see what happens....

MO!, Feb 25, 2007
  2. MO!

Goomer

I'm curious as to the advantages of these Extreme III cards, apart from the obvious one of increased storage space - do they allow the camera to take pictures any faster?

Goomer, Feb 25, 2007
  3. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

They have fast write speeds. This may or may not make a difference depending on your camera and how you shoot.
    For example. with my camera a RAW image can be up to 10MB, so the faster write speed has it's advantages.
    It depends on your cameras file size, and how you shoot.

As well as speed, it's nice to just have something which should be less likely to corrupt and risk losing images. I wouldn't have paid the full asking price (£80), but for this price it's well worth it IMO.

The extreme III also comes with recovery software if the worst should happen.

Also, as mentioned previously, it (sometimes) comes with the activation code for capture one le.

MO!, Feb 25, 2007
  4. MO!

Goomer

Thanks for the reply, MO! I may order one of the compact flash types for my Canon Powershot, as I'd like to be able to get some motion shots of my dog.

Goomer, Feb 25, 2007
  5. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Ebay!!! :bub:

10 days up, so escelated to claim.
    Seems maximum I'll get is £9.99!!! Ebay on the other hand will take £15 for processing the claim. Bleh!

MO!, Feb 26, 2007
Ask a Question