Moerch arm questions

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by JackOTrades, Mar 7, 2007.

1. JackOTrades

JackOTrades

Yes, the morch doesnt use the Stevenson dimensions.
    If I set the overhang as specified by HH Morch (18mm) with the P-S correct setting of 212mm I have no chance of using the two point protractor that comes with the HFN Test Record, for example. It would work well in my old Rega arm but not in this one.

Goomer, great pic and very nice setup! How did you get on with the anti-skating setting? :)

(I was gonna say that your VTA looked a bit on the high side but you already dispelled that as an optical illusion... ;) )

Cheers,
    jack

JackOTrades, Apr 10, 2007
  2. JackOTrades

Goomer

Anti skate is set quite low.

I don't use a test record, instead I drop the needle in the run out groove area to get a roughed in bias point, and then fine tune by ear. The anti skate 'needle' is just under half way across its available range, although i don't know if the range has ever been altered prior to me acquiring the arm - tracks very well, anyway, and sounds lovely.

All in all, a very good purchase in my opinion and only tricky to set up because of my interpretation of the instructions.

Goomer, Apr 11, 2007
Ask a Question