Mountain bikes.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by julian2002, Apr 30, 2005.

1. julian2002

julian2002 Muper Soderator

last night i sniped this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7152217139&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

for 127 quid. pick it up on saturday.
    ok it's not the height of sophistication but should be good enough for my newbie ways and get me going. if i decide that i want to invest more i can either tart that one up a bit or sell it on and buy something a little more spangly.
    it also gives me a bit of spare change to buy some necessities that chris pointed out (helmet, shorts, toolkit, etc.) and still keep within budget (below actually).
    cheers

julian.

julian2002, May 3, 2005
  2. julian2002

mr cat Member of the month

yeah, thats a good bike at a decent price.

greg - I know what you mean, I did by the bike from a shop - Steels of Gosforth...ven managed to get 50 quids qrth of goodies thrown in!

mr cat, May 3, 2005
  3. julian2002

greg Its a G thing

Magic answer Mr Cat. Often friendly local bike shop struggles to drop the price on the bikes as those margins are quite small, but buy a new bike and you usually land great bargains on the gear. My friend Ivor told me they make as much gross profit on a £100 jacket as on a £600 bike. In many ways you end up better off as you've got somewhere to go for warranty issues, fixes and upgrades.

greg, May 3, 2005
  4. julian2002

julian2002 Muper Soderator

jools,
    using my sneaky mod powers i read your post ;)
    yes i nearly ended up over doubling my budget in my rush but i had 'a moment of clarity' and went back to my original one of 250 quid and have stuck to it. hopefully the bike won;t be a complete pup.
    cheers

julian.

julian2002, May 3, 2005
  5. julian2002

mr cat Member of the month

nah, it should be ok, tho, at the lower end of the price scale - the componenents won't always be the best, but of course, you can upgrade as and when...
    but you'll have a solid bike that will let you ride off road and have fun - and thats what it's all about!

mr cat, May 3, 2005
Ask a Question