New product preview

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by RobHolt, Jan 17, 2013.

1. RobHolt

nando nando

well buy it from japan, i think that it looks good maybe it will suit your needs, why not have a look at the tascam ?

nando, Jan 25, 2013
  2. RobHolt

darrylfunk

hi nando...

i have a vintage tascam broadcast desk and their last proper dj mixer....but this is actually a very serious piece of kit....

it's owned by a japanese record collector and based on classic vslve circuits.....it's about £6,000 pounds of work in the u.k. after duty....they have 4 sts of atc 100 actives plus masive horn subs.... they are well above the average u.k. audiophoool.
    these boys take music really serious.

i know for a fact one japanes audiophile who earns the equivalent of £14,000 a year has spent that x2 plus his savings alone on his and a friends whiskey bar in tokyo.... they paid for a top soul dj from the uk £900 not including accommodation and flights just to hear a 3 hour set of records never available in japan..... they are far more into music at a high stabdard than the average u.k. hi fi troll will ever get to.

darrylfunk, Jan 26, 2013
  3. RobHolt

nando nando

what kind of music do they listen to? may i ask.

nando, Jan 26, 2013
  4. RobHolt

darrylfunk

everything from disco and house, italo disco to jazz and slowed down trance records and afro beat.

darrylfunk, Jan 26, 2013
  5. RobHolt

nando nando

wow ,sounds like CAFE DEL MAR awesome to hear that.
    more of the sounds you hear on CHILL DAB,

nando, Jan 26, 2013
  6. RobHolt

smallangryboy

Lovely nostalgic designs Robert. I always liked the big amps of the 70's myself with brushed aluminium fascia, machined dials, UV meters and teak cladding!

I did an amp panel for a sub woofer that I had built and that was a learning curve for sure, it helps I have a background in graphic design, but it was a steep curve learning about etching, screen printing, water cutting etc...

Would be more than happy to help if you need any, although you look as though you've got most things covered and have a clear idea of your products look and feel.

smallangryboy, Jan 26, 2013
  7. RobHolt

cooky1257

I'd put it more politely! but yeah it kinda jumps out at you, the panels are quite busy so I'd reign it in a bit-lose the serify script. Really nice bits of kit though and good luck with them.

cooky1257, Feb 27, 2013
Ask a Question