P2P - What is legal and what is not?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Dec 26, 2003.

1. amazingtrade

lhatkins Dazed and Confused

Copyright, why do I cringe when ever I hear this word!

I see it one day where your walking down the street thinking of a good tune and you start to hum it, next thing you know your bundled into a police car and off to court becuase you broke the copyright, its nuts.

lhatkins, Jan 10, 2004
  2. amazingtrade

tones compulsive cantater

You're safe from that, because you're not copying it! Indeed, they might even reward you, because you may encourage someone else to buy it! Of course, if you encourage someone to copy it, are you then an accessory after the fact? My advice is to lie your leg off and say it's YOUR tune. After all, copyright is only about the prevention of copying . If you come up with it entirely independently, you have not copied and it's yours.

tones, Jan 10, 2004
  3. amazingtrade

wolfgang

Thanks for clearing that up.

It is always interesting talking about stuff like these. I wonder if you read Calvin & Hobbes. Anyway, one idea in this comic strip seems to suggest from very young age we all starts to learn to make rules for ourselves. It seems to be especially important when it comes to games we play for fun. However part of the fun for being human also seems to be to see how far you could break and rewrite the rules book.

wolfgang, Jan 10, 2004
  4. amazingtrade

lhatkins Dazed and Confused

That has been pritty much how I live my life, find the limit then just push a little further, rule book, ya rules where made to be broken! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2004
    lhatkins, Jan 11, 2004
  5. amazingtrade

tones compulsive cantater

LOVE Calvin & Hobbes! We have all the books. We were devastated when Bill Watterson decided to call it a day. We live in hope that he'll change his mind.

tones, Jan 11, 2004
  6. amazingtrade

auric FOSS

auric, Feb 6, 2004
Ask a Question