Racks

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by griffo104, Oct 4, 2005.

1. griffo104

aquapiranha

Who me? or Anex?

aquapiranha, Oct 4, 2005
  2. griffo104

Anex Thermionic

Some tube circuits will oscillate in magnetic cases (what ever the right word for that is?) I don't see that using non magnetic casing is sales crap

Anex, Oct 4, 2005
  3. griffo104

aquapiranha

I think we have our wires crossed here...what I was trying to say is that the amplifier mentioned used non-magnetic stainless steel in its construction, and I was merely pointing out that is a statement used by mana, and that the guy who makes the amp also uses mana, and indeed made a small mains block stand out of mana (as if that will acheive anything). What I was pointing out was the obvious correlation between the events.

No offence meant

aquapiranha, Oct 4, 2005
  4. griffo104

Bob McC living the life of Riley

aquapiranha
    I think you'll find that the amp in question has never been near Mana.

Bob

Bob McC, Oct 5, 2005
  5. griffo104

aquapiranha

If so, then I stand corrected. I have just reviewed the thread and see that a poster was referring to putting mains blocks on mana as not being new, and not that the guy in question did it.

However, I like the pic, haven't laughed that much in ages, well, not since my last peek at the mana forum anyway.

:JPS:

aquapiranha, Oct 5, 2005
  6. griffo104

The Devil IHTFP

You should get out more often. The Mana Forum is the most boring forum on the entire net since I left. No laughs at all, as far as I can see.

The Devil, Oct 5, 2005
  7. griffo104

aquapiranha

You are right, I should get out more often!

Why did you leave? or should I not ask?

aquapiranha, Oct 5, 2005
  8. griffo104

The Devil IHTFP

I left because of repeated doses of horse-shit. There's only so much one can take.

The Devil, Oct 5, 2005
  9. griffo104

aquapiranha

meaning what? do you not follow the mana religion? or do you think there are those who take things a little too far? (or should that be higher?)

aquapiranha, Oct 5, 2005
  10. griffo104

lordsummit moderate mod

Can we leave this question here, or perhaps deal with it via PM's. At this point the AUP regarding inter-forum arguments is likely to kick in, and banned members who have no right of reply may be discussed.
    Thanks guys

lordsummit, Oct 5, 2005
  11. griffo104

griffo104

Aquapiranha

Thanks, I reckon this is the one to go for, I like the looks and all of the affordable ones appear to be glass shelves of some sort.

Went to the dealer to pick my cables up yesterday and had a chat about the racks they had in there, Target, Futureglass, Quadraspire and Apollo.

After chatting to him for about 20 mins the conclusion I got was that they themselves weren't sure why you should buy a rack - except you should ?????

Probably the reason I'll get a rack off the internet and save myself £60. Nothing like an indecisive dealer to put you off handing over the cash to them.

griffo104, Oct 5, 2005
  12. griffo104

The Devil IHTFP

I am certain that you know the full story just as well as I do, petit ingenue.

The Devil, Oct 5, 2005
  13. griffo104

GTM Resistance IS Futile !

What's known in the business as "primeing the audience".

Tell someone what they should expect to hear and a good percentage will inevitably hear it. A well known psychological technique.

GTM

GTM, Oct 5, 2005
  14. griffo104

michaelab desafinado

A well known psychological technique indeed. Makes you wonder why it's so often employed by audio sales people when the "huge improvements" of their products should be obvious to anyone ;)

michaelab, Oct 5, 2005
  15. griffo104

Sir Galahad Harmonia Mundi

Excuse my intruding, but this should be spelt "petit ingénu" or "petite ingénue" depending on the person's gender ;)

Sir Galahad, Oct 5, 2005
  16. griffo104

Garmt

Interesting... Maybe my IKEA PS has some of the Lack magic... :D I do think equipment (especially the Lavardin amp) sounds much better on beech plywood.

Picture one: my equipment "rack"
    Picture two: my speakers (just for fun)

Attached Files:

Garmt, Oct 5, 2005
  17. griffo104

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

AS far as racks go, I've yet to find one that does it ALL, you do need to experiment with different types to see what does it for your equipment.
    Looks a neat and clean set up there G :)

wadia-miester, Oct 5, 2005
  18. griffo104

Garmt

Point taken... For example: we placed a Wadia 830 on the ground (laminate wooden floor on concrete) and it became worse when we placed plywood under the player, whereas under the Lavardin it was much better...

Thanks! Still experimenting with a digital front-end. Have not heard anything better in my system than the TL-2x+NON OS Dac, but would love to have more control and rhythm, but still having the nice tonal balance and naturalness of the Ack dAck. Going to try the Copland CDA823 next, but would love to try a 2nd hand Wadia 860 and Marantz CD7 as well...

Garmt, Oct 5, 2005
  19. griffo104

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

I've been listening to a stock nos dac over the weekend, while good still has a long way to go, but I understand why TT owners like it.
    The CD7 is good at the natural thing, not so hot on dynamics or bass performance, but it a worthy audition none the less.
    Just updated my speakers, going to need to reinforce the walls and floor I feel :pRaT:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2005
    wadia-miester, Oct 5, 2005
  20. griffo104

aquapiranha

Sorry I do not know, I am not a member of that forum, and only go there to laugh my sock off at some of "emporers new clothes" designs made out of angle iron, but if yuo do not wish to discuss it i respect your decision.

aquapiranha, Oct 5, 2005
Ask a Question