Radiohead 'cd'

Discussion in 'General Music' started by GAZZ, Jun 21, 2003.

1. GAZZ

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Arrived MOnday! Only just found out as my brother kidnapped it straight away! Opened my damn mail! Had one listen to it and very very impressed! So much going on! They just keep on churning out classic after classic! Will write MOre after I've given it further listening, but first impressions very favourable!

Didn't notice any dodgy noises but it wasn't exactly critical listening. Saying that, there's plenty of dodgy noises! But nothing I don't imagine is intentional......

MO!, Jul 2, 2003
  2. GAZZ

jay

Hi team

I think it's a good album but just hasn't quite got something....yet. I'm a bit of a Radiohead freak too, loved everything they're done so far.

Very dense, dark, drab and quite intriguing none-the-less. Favourite tracks are probably There There and A Punchup at a Wedding. I love the way they manage to weave those eclectic sounds into music.

First time that lyrics have been included too I believe?

Jay

jay, Jul 2, 2003
  3. GAZZ

voodoo OdD

Nope - "The Bends" had the lyrics printed.

voodoo, Jul 2, 2003
  4. GAZZ

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I thought the same thing about the lyrics. Only to be scorned at as a mere MOrtal by my brother! I cuold never be Thom's favourite son :(

Does this mean we can all sing along now?

MO!, Jul 2, 2003
  5. GAZZ

GAZZ

My replacement Radiohead cd arrived today, There are no faults on this one. The noises you guys were going on about are there, and it is obvoius now. Must just of been a freak cd. My first impressions are that it is a good album, but not as good as amnisiac. With all the publicity i expect it to win lots of awards.

GAZZ

GAZZ, Jul 3, 2003
  6. GAZZ

GrahamN

Since they have been featured in this month's Gramophone, I guess I'm officially allowed to listen to them now ;) . I've heard "Kid A" (several times :rolleyes: ) on a car stereo, and sort of liked it - I like angst-ridden and a bit/lot of weirdness provided it's not too pretentious - but not really done it properly. Which is the one to start with - "Amnesiac", this one?

(And they actually went to my school).

GrahamN, Jul 3, 2003
  7. GAZZ

Robbo

Graham,

You could try 'OK computer'. Earlier stuff like The Bends (their best IMO) will probably be too rocky for you

Robbo

Robbo, Jul 3, 2003
  8. GAZZ

lordsummit moderate mod

Amnesiac is definitely the one I'd start with knowing what your tastes are Graham. Takes a bit of getting into. But try ignoring the melancholy of Pyramid Song et al. Is an awesome album as far as I'm concerned. Need the wife to go out to listen to the new one. Keep getting half way through then she comes in complaining about the miserable crap and wanting Robbie Williams on. Sometimes think a divorce would be cheap:D Can't wait till we move house and I will have my own listening room

lordsummit, Jul 3, 2003
Ask a Question