Rb300?????

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by jimmymcfarrell, Jan 18, 2005.

1. jimmymcfarrell

jimmymcfarrell Anyone fancy a pint?

yes it is fixed on the front bolt. but if u loosen the two rear ones, it can pivot from left to right whilst staying fixed at the front. The shape of the slots on the headshell allow it to move slightly.
    how accurate does it need to be aligned? because i can align it to within about 1 millimetre. but its too hard to tell more accurately than that because of the shape of the cart?

jimmymcfarrell, Feb 3, 2005
  2. jimmymcfarrell

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

1mm isn't much so try it one way, try it the other and try it in middle. Listen to the records where you are noticing the problem beggining middle and end (especially end) and listen out for distortion, adjust accordingly. Its down to listening now I guess.

That said, some bells are ringing here. I'm sure I read somewhere (probably some bickery debate over on Vinyl Asylum) that Rega recommend a different alignment scheme than the standard Baerwald scheme I even seem to remember reading that using the 3 point fixing it may actually be impossible to align using a Baerwald protractor (not that you could anyway with the cart shape you have).

Digging the asylum archives over I found this, which apears marginally clearer than mud. No doubt further trawling will dig up further half truths from various inmates.

PS. If you do give up, can I bags your VPI machine ;)

Uncle Ants, Feb 3, 2005
  3. jimmymcfarrell

jimmymcfarrell Anyone fancy a pint?

This is better...got the Rega protractor and it makes it much easier. Vinyl sounds nice again.
    Cheers for the info everyone!

jimmymcfarrell, Feb 25, 2005
Ask a Question