Record Cleaners

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Samantha, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Samantha

Andy 831

Best £175 I ever spent. (Bought my Okki second hand about 12 months ago )

I had a Disco Antistatic. It was mind numbingly boring to use. You had to make the effort to get it out of the box, set an area aside to work and the results were crap. Oh and once you had waited 12 hours for the record to dry you might then be able to play it. Except it left a dreadful sticky gunge on my records despite attemps to remove this with clean water.

No... to my mind the system was a joke....I used it once and put it away forever in a cupboard.

The Okki on the otherhand is set up permanently, is always ready to go and probably takes no more than 3 mins to clean both sides of an album. With using IPA/Distilled water, the record is instantly playable rather than waiting overnight for the disco cleaned record to dry.

David... Try and find someone local to you with a RCM. I guarantee once you clean a record on such a machine you will never use the Disco again.

Andy

Andy 831, Jul 6, 2008
  2. Samantha

DavidF

Well, I got mine clean, I do assure you.

I don't dispute its pedantic......no question there.

Audio Excellence...i used to go in there in the early 80s (crwys rd)when I frirst started out with stuff. Then it was manned by To*y Re***e himself and the place had a sort of small is beautifull charm.

Mr. R. (I remember vividly) talked with my Dad (who was with me at the time) about the business generally...and selling speakers.

I suspect this might have been a golden time for ae.....i think maybe it lost that magic...not speaking to the knowedgable front man.

Unfortunaely i could no more affod 250 quid for cleaner then than i could now.

I fyou've got lorry loads of vinyl....I guess....

DavidF, Jul 6, 2008
Ask a Question