Record Deck in a camper van project

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Uncle Ants, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Uncle Ants

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

Looking superb so far, you've got another 3 weeks 'til Run To The Sun to get the TT working :D

ilockyer, May 5, 2004
  2. Uncle Ants

dominicT former member

Uncle - looks absolutely amazing! I've seen a few camper vans recently and with a custom interior makes quite a good proposition. If it is not a rude question how much did the interior cost you and what did you have done?

Thanks

dominic

dominicT, May 5, 2004
  3. Uncle Ants

Tom Alves

This is wot ya need

[​IMG]

Tom Alves, May 5, 2004
  4. Uncle Ants

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

I hope so, gonna sit it on a sheet of bubble wrap, to give it a wee bit of cushioning. The dansette was the easy option - it happened to come with valves (also easy to get out, rather than leave it in permanently).

Thought it'd save a bit of money too, but if I have to get a pure sine wave invertor, going the pure 12v route might have been better after all. Anyways, I'll get it right eventually :). As it stands, I'll have no probs so long as I go to a site with 240v. She's got a mains inlet as well.

Uncle Ants, May 7, 2004
  5. Uncle Ants

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

Er, not too cheap to be honest - so far its cost £2,500, plus the £3,500 for the van itself, looking nice mind, but if I were to do it again I'd pay out the money and get an old Westy, Devon or Viking conversion in minty nick and paid the £6k to £7k asking price for it - I suspect they'd hold their value better, but on the other hand you'ld have to live with seventies stylee dark wood veneer :) Of course if you are a bit of a DIY sort of bloke, you could do it mucho cheaper.

The interior was a shell when started and the bunks in the roof had to be completely refurbed - so all new furniture, upholstery, curtains, floor, fridge, leccy and lights, zig unit, leisure battery, bed ... it goes on and on and now I've got to get the roof canvas sorted (another £600 or so).

Uncle Ants, May 7, 2004
Ask a Question