replacement amp

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Zero One, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Zero One

mudan

The Ansar caps are rated at 400V - won't that be too much considering the existing one is 50v ?

Plus the Ansar ones are 43mm long!:eek:

Even the Audyn QS ones from Audiocom are 28mm long....

Know if the Audyn ones are better ?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2004
    mudan, Apr 28, 2004
  2. Zero One

Lt Cdr Data om

as long as the cap is equal or better spec. it does not matter one iota if its 50v or 5.000.000 volts.

Lt Cdr Data, Apr 28, 2004
  3. Zero One

mudan

Well I've ordered some Audyn QS for the coupling caps, which I believe can be installed due to the extra unused space on the PCB where they are located and ordered some Black Gates to replace some of the others.

Interestingly, comparing the 2 channels on the board, for 2 of the caps per channel, one channel has Elna caps and the other Nichicon:eek: Looks like Pioneer did not pay attention to the selection of these or ran out of the Elnas.

mudan, Apr 29, 2004
  4. Zero One

mudan

After replacing the coupling caps with the Audyn, I found the sound to have greater bass depth and a more natural sound. I then went on to replace some of the others with Black Gates, which returned a cleaner and more detailed midrange/treble. I am aware though that are still running in so look forward to even better results soon.

I was so impressed with the results, that I'm also replacing the remainder of the L/R channel caps with BG, which are currently on order. Although I'm not too sure whether it'll be worth replacing some or all of the other caps which are nearer the front panel...
    I should be soon receiving thE schematic /circuit diagram so may be this will help me assess the importance of these other caps as I'm no electrical engineer.

mudan, May 4, 2004
Ask a Question