sacd first test

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by JackOTrades, Jul 7, 2004.

1. JackOTrades

michaelab desafinado

Unfortunately no, you can't use current DACs for DVD-A becuase even though most DACs can handle 24/96 PCM (and some, with dual BNC connections, like my DAC64, can handle 24/192) DVD-A is encrypted to prevent digital copying :rolleyes:

The standard for digital transmission of DVD-A, like with SACD, is likely to use FireWire (IEEE 1394), which only a tiny handful of current DACs can handle.

My take on the DAC situation is really the reverse of what you're thinking. I've got my DAC64 which, AFAIC, is about as good as CD will ever get. If I get an SACD player then I don't have to worry about its CD performance (usually a weak point) because I'll use the DAC64 for that and just use the SACD player on it's own for SACD playback.

Michael.

michaelab, Jul 8, 2004
  2. JackOTrades

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Outstanding, awesome :ffrc: :ffrc: Mike, you've made my week, which is no mean feat after making as many pairs of speaker cables as I have so far week :( This ones going on the office wall mate :) cheers God bless, I can have a beer without guilt tonite :D

Jack,

The Teac D70/P70 is a CD/SACD transport/Dac combo, using the stunning P0 mech, built in switchable upsample (direct multipules only :) ) has a dual PLL circuit, word bit exaction and sync return signal (one for each bitsteam, dual Spdif) also Dual AES for initial data output and a Fifi buffer 10 times that of the Dac 64, decent psu's, and analoue stages, more DCS than DCS, better bass and intergration too.Direct Direct to amps too.
    They also have a Multi format version which is rather good :)
    Firewire is method of sacd digtial data transference.
    Not Cheap retails about £10K, can be had used for about £4.5/£5.5K in Joel land.
    Here a little review I did a while back Teac D70
    Once again thanks to Mike B for helping my day improve by a factor of 64 :)

wadia-miester, Jul 8, 2004
Ask a Question