So, err, The Darkness then....

Discussion in 'General Music' started by RDD, Oct 8, 2003.

1. RDD

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

What about our two friends from Glasters (no names mentioned) - I think the acid they were on helped them get through the set - how she can say she didn't know Radiohead were so dark was so laughable it almost gave ME a bad trip (after seeing Love, Coral and Super Furries that would have sucked!) - urm, lady mate - I could have told you they were dark aaaages ago - reckoned she'd have loved the Super Furries or Los Lobos more, and would have helped me out with the Ed situation!

Henry - you KNOW one of the Darkness tracks - it was the one that got me going totally WILD with that chick in Arena on Saturday - I'm surprised I didn't get lynched - how big a space on the floor did we end up clearing when I went for it!?!? He he he!!!!! I'll lend you the CD on Thursday if you want - but I'll need it back quick 'cos I love it.

domfjbrown, Oct 13, 2003
  2. RDD

MO! MOnkey`ead!

always best, softly softly like ;)

MO!, Oct 13, 2003
  3. RDD

HenryT

Oh dear, looks like most of the detractors who've posted on this thread were right after all!!
    :kneel:

Listened to a copy of the album this afternoon that I found as an MP3 rip on a work colleague's PC's shared drive.

Yes, those vocals were making me laugh for the first 1 and half tracks, but just sounded like a very bad and effeminate/camp impersonation of a female opera singer after that. At least when Angus from AC/DC hits the highs, he does it with style and attitude, and still sounds like a bloke.

OK for a first listen then, for the novelty value, but don't think I'll be buying this one. Here today, forgotten about tomorrow is probably about right.

Looks like I'll be spending my money on further research of the AC/DC and D/Purple back catalogs then for now. :)

HenryT, Oct 13, 2003
  4. RDD

Ah mate - you've lost your musical sense of humour - must be all that classical you listen to boy!!!!

Mind you, I can tolerate Brett Anderson vocals so the dude from the Darkness is nothing ;)

domfjbrown, Oct 14, 2003
  5. RDD

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

Brett Anderson, that's the guy out of Suede right? They were a good band in their time, first 3 albums were quite good, bought all of 'em on tape as tapes were only like £3 for new releases, don't have any of them any more. Simon borrowed the first one and that was the last I saw of that (and the Doors soundtrack), Dog Man Star got destroyed in a walkman and Coming Up died a death in a tape machine we had in one of the computer rooms at Exeter College. Might get round to getting them again at some point.

ilockyer, Oct 14, 2003
  6. RDD

Avoid Head Music - it's w@nk...

Coming Up and Suede are good though, but Dog Man Star is the "music to commit suicide to Radiohead-style" of the early 90s :)

domfjbrown, Oct 14, 2003
Ask a Question