Speaker cable recs.?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by jtc, Nov 13, 2005.

1. jtc

Alex S User

You say Ponography, I say Phongraphy; let's terminate the whole thing.

Alex S, Nov 15, 2005
  2. jtc

Heath

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The RS stuff, Chord Rumour and Chord Odyssey all have 19 strand construction. The largest gauge RS cable is smaller than Chord Rumour, which is smaller than Odyssey.

Heath

Heath, Nov 15, 2005
  3. jtc

Anex Thermionic

I said the RS stuff is smaller than Chord up the top, Audio Links sell the bigger stuff. Do you honestly believe it makes £100's difference? Just stick more in, you get the same conductor area in the end or more if you feel its worth it

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2005
    Anex, Nov 15, 2005
  4. jtc

Heath

You said that the RS stuff had fewer strands than the Chord cable, which it doesn't, they both have 19 strand construction. You also said that you believed Chord used small gauge cable but increased the number of runs for the higher priced cable, which they don't.

If you stick several runs of thin cable together, you don't get the same characteristics as a single run of heavier gauge cable.

Heath

Heath, Nov 16, 2005
  5. jtc

Anex Thermionic

Ok then, the Audiolinks stuff is the same as one or other of the chord ones. It costs a fk load less than chord, I doubt you'd ever tell the difference and if you pay for chord stuff I still think your daft and have too much money to waste.

Anex, Nov 16, 2005
Ask a Question