Speaker spikes

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by bobby, Mar 10, 2004.

1. bobby

flash Two ears: two channels

A dialogue

Thanks 7_V,

A single solution which works in every room would make hi-fi buying, positioning, isolation, etc much easier wouldn't it? But where would Zerogain be if it were that simple? ;-)

I'm just looking for a bit of Pareto (80/20 rule) application here: that' small proportion of stuff, in this case shared experiences, that works in 80% of cases. Lots of hi-fi buffery and tweakery is of course about digging deep into the remaining 20% in search of the Holy Grail of The Perfect Sound, but if people have half-decent kit then they should be able to get a more-than-half-decent sound without trial-and-error.

But no-one seems to want to play ball, so maybe this is not the place to have that sort of conversation. Maybe we are all at 99.5% of The Perfect Sound and we spent embarrassing amounts of time and money getting here and we are b^ggered if we're going to admit that a bit of guidance on day 1 would have saved us a fortune and loads of time.

I'm off to coat my speakers in Bovril then to see if it gives me a beefier sound ....

All the best,

flash, Mar 12, 2004
Ask a Question