The AV kit is going

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Mr_Sukebe, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Mr_Sukebe

lowrider Live music is surround

You are wrong this time... :p

What is a problem with the front wall is bass reflections, and glass surely reflects less bass than an outside wall, it is middle and high frequencies first reflections that you have to worry with, there glass is a no-no... :MILD:

Julian,

The Krell Showcase does have active digital EQ, but I don't use it anymore, except with a few badly recorded discs who have too much bass around 50hz, the ofending ressonance, otherwise it sounds better without...

I eliminated some kind of feedback when I did put Isobearings under the player, now it sounds fine as is, without EQ...

lowrider, Jan 14, 2004
  2. Mr_Sukebe

Decca

It is also worth bearing in mind stereo has had over 50 years of development, AV has only been around for a few years. First generation CD players were horrible things but these days they are very good. AV still has a long long way to go but given the speed of development it should not take to long.

Another complication of 5.1 is the room interactions. It is difficult enough to get just 2 speakers to work properly, 5,6 or 7 is very very hard.

Psychologically, we want different things from stereo and AV. Maybe in the future the two can be fused to a reasonable level of satisfaction. At this time of development, the two are not really compatible. Listening to music through a AV system is not great and watching a film with 2 speakers is even worse.

Decca, Jan 14, 2004
  3. Mr_Sukebe

It depends on the room, not that complicated in a rectangular room, close to golden ratio, where you can place all speakers at same distance, as they are supposed to be... :latte:

I want the same from stereo and AV, to recreate the recording ambience, so listening to music is better through an AV/surround system... :newbie:

lowrider, Jan 15, 2004
  4. Mr_Sukebe

merlin

merlin, Jan 15, 2004
  5. Mr_Sukebe

Ressonances are bass waves going back and forward, if some of those get lost through a glass window, could do more good than harm, but, of course, it depends on many factors, anyway, my bass is fine, thanks, as Michaelab can confirm... :MILD:

The plasma screen is much thinner, so it will be farther back some 2 feet, also it wont have a big box to interfere with the sound, dont you agree... :confused:

lowrider, Jan 15, 2004
Ask a Question