Unison Research unico

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by HiFiWigWam, Sep 9, 2005.

1. HiFiWigWam

HiFiWigWam Number 6

Cheers for the detailed write up mate. You have confirmed what I have suspected. :) :)

It's not comming anymore however :( I will keep looking. :MILD:

HiFiWigWam, Sep 11, 2005
  2. HiFiWigWam

Stuart

Mr. Wig,

I've no idea what the Unico is like, although it looks OK. IME, if you are experiencing issues in the bass department I'd look at the Jura's. Whilst they can be a fun 'speaker, I've always found them a bit loose and wobbly in the bass.

Regards,

Stuart.

Stuart, Sep 12, 2005
  3. HiFiWigWam

greg Its a G thing

Turns out he was anyway :D

greg, Sep 13, 2005
  4. HiFiWigWam

HiFiWigWam Number 6

Yep I agree... however the foam bungs and positioning have really got the best out of the really nice tweeters and I am loathed to throw that away having put so much effort in.

Also at a recent bake off some very (very very) nice amps really got hold of the Jura's and they made some really loverrrly sounds.

(Parasound pre and Advantage S250 mono blocks :cool: Also the Krell MD-10 and Monarchy Audio DAC may have helped :D )

Any way, I have heard the very best they can do and it is a long way from where i am now.

HiFiWigWam, Sep 14, 2005
Ask a Question