vinyl care

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by muffinman, Apr 15, 2005.

1. muffinman

analoguekid Planet Rush

Kab, for the money, great, bit fiddlir than big moth m/c but just as effective on the cleaning front, if you do get hit for duty (i did) it amounts to £23, cost $149+$38 for delivery (£100), okki nokki is next of fully built ones, as has been said, no definitives as to wether a vaccum pump is included, but price is £225, other good thing about KAB is it fits in a shoebox. As for hoover rusting, it has a liquid trap built in, and the connecting hose has a transparent adaptor, if liquid seen in this then switch off and empty it, but due to very little amount of liquid on each record, then you'd need to be doing a seriously long stint to get to that stage.

analoguekid, Apr 18, 2005
  2. muffinman

griffo104

Got to have a serious play with the KAB over the Bank Holiday weekend.

First I have had a couple of records where the fluid did not get picked up from the suction leaving a very slight residue on the record on the very outer rim. Personally I don't find this important as there is no music there but since someone queried it above I thought I'd just mention it.

However, having cleaned 15 records and then listened to them - yes all of them :D , I can highly recommend this cleaner. If you are thinking of a Knosti then it would be worth saving the extra pennies for the KAB. Being a former knosti user it is considerably better, the improvement from cleaning using suction is by far and away superior to the knosti.

griffo104, May 3, 2005
  3. muffinman

Machineman

Machineman, May 3, 2005
  4. muffinman

Neale

I have the lorricraft which I rate very highly the improvement is immense and removes all the static

Neale, May 4, 2005
Ask a Question