Vinyl problem

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by jimmymcfarrell, Jan 29, 2004.

1. jimmymcfarrell

greeny

Peter Green was involved in 4 early Fleetwood Mac albums (in two years) 'Then Play On' was the last of these (from 1969).

The first two albums are:
    Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac (With the dustbin on the cover)
    Mr Wonnderful (Scary picture of Mick Fleetwood)

These have some wonderful blues numbers and some brilliant understated Blues Guitar from Mr Green. Unfortunately both albums are somewhat spoiled by several of Jeremy Spensor's Elmore James ripoff's, which whilst Ok in small doses, all sound the same.

I haven't got English Rose and Then Play On, but most of the bigger hits come from these two albums (Black Magic Woman, Albatross, Oh Well)

PS. There is also some interesting mid period Fleetwood Mac (6 albums between 1970 and 1974) before the arrival of Buckingham and Nicks

greeny, Feb 25, 2004
  2. jimmymcfarrell

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

I was born in Cornwall :) Truro, then in foster care there for a bit in Gillan (near the Lizzard) - so I really AM the Lizzard King :)

Yeah - the cymbols on both the vinyl/CD are similar - very odd. IN fact the whole album sounds 'odd' - like worn vinyl - even on the CD. Must be the mid 80s steely digital top end again...

domfjbrown, Feb 25, 2004
  3. jimmymcfarrell

jimmymcfarrell Anyone fancy a pint?

Mid-period...is that as in the song "Dragonfly".
    I've got English Rose on vinyl - I thought it was a best of!

jimmymcfarrell, Feb 25, 2004
  4. jimmymcfarrell

greeny

Seems to be a strange album this. It has 5 tracks from Mr Wonderful and 7 new tracks including the singles, so it's neither a compliation or a completely new album. Strange.

greeny, Feb 25, 2004
Ask a Question