What is music to YOU?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by MO!, Dec 1, 2003.

1. MO!

lowrider Live music is surround

Couldn't say it better... :guiness:

Guess I should have read the remaining posts before posting... :latte:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2003
    lowrider, Dec 2, 2003
  2. MO!

maddog 2

:D

told you you were all puffs really.

maddog 2, Dec 2, 2003
  3. MO!

mick parry stroppy old git

What is music to you

Chaps

To me it sounds good when out of phase and bloody marvellous when in phase.

Regards

Mick

mick parry, Dec 2, 2003
  4. MO!

HenryT

Hey Dom,

Care to re-edit your post, so that I'm not misquoted as the person who wrote the comment about "all men are gay really"? ;) Mind you, I suppose that comment could be applied equally the other around to the fairer sex :JOEL: ;) for those that are not already spoken for - then again they could be bi ;) .

HenryT, Dec 2, 2003
  5. MO!

Matt F

I think playing music to a live audience is the ultimate buzz - damned terrifying at times too but when you're playing something you've written well and the audience are digging it you really do feel on top of the World.

As for listening, for me it's the stuff that brings out emotions - goose bumps, hairs on the back of your neck etc. In my case, a lot of that stuff is actually not very well recorded but it doesn't seem to matter.

The bottom line is, bad recording or not, when I listen to Steve Wickham playing the violin with the Waterboys, his bow seems to reach right into my soul and gently pull my emotions out through every pore. Seeing him do it live is even more intense.

It's wonderful and, thankfully, it's a great antidote for the endless stream of mind-numbing "ready-meal music" we are bombarded with on a daily basis.

Matt.

Matt F, Dec 2, 2003
  6. MO!

notaclue

So. Not a big fan of Westlife, then?

notaclue, Dec 2, 2003
  7. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I don't play myself, but as I've said, my brother does. The buzz I get off that is nearly unmatched. I think I get as nervous as him! "damned terrifying at times", but when he starts and he pull it off! :D :D The place he played the other night was his first in a while. It's a new venue and so we didn't really know what to expect. With just a vocal and acoustic it's easy for him to be drowned out. But everyone in there seemed well up for it :D I'm smiling now as I write this! I know what that does for me! It's like seeing Celtic scoring a hat trick against rangers! I imagine it must be even MOre for the person actualy playing!

MO!, Dec 2, 2003
Ask a Question