Whest Dap 10

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Ya-Boo, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Ya-Boo

Ya-Boo

Wm[/QUOTE] Kev why are you sill mucking about ?Wm[/QUOTE]

Eh ? Remember when Hifi was also your hobby before you made it your living

hell its supossed to be a hobby I,d consider it refining rather than mucking about,

WM A quote for you In HI FI News

"If you have a source that you enjoy,and you want more of that sound then the DAP10 is Unique in that it is the only product that can do this without upsetting the fundamental sonic character"

Now I,m not gonna blindly go buy it because of that review,made that mistake
    Buying the VSM's some time ago, but I do try the kit before I make a personal
    judgement

now I,ve a very open mind, thats why I,ve tried god knows how many powercables and several mains treatments costing alot more than the DAP 10
    maybe I,m lucky and got good main's here, I'm yet to be convinced in their
    worth

I'll not pre judge the DAP10 but If it does what it says in the above quote from HIFI news I for one will be happy to part with £899

You keep banging on about getting a pre-amp,
    your advise is well meaning I guess,but I don't want a pre-amp
    been there done that,any pre will add its own character

having partnered the Krells with the ARC SP9 LS2B and the LS25
    they all changed the sound drastically.....the LS2B was dire compared to the other two.

This is well spooky, but by complete coincidece, this has just arrived in my Mail box this eve from a capitole owner in Holland..... :eek:

I will also add that I have done an extensive evaluation in my system of the Capitole 24/192 with and without the preamp in the circuit, with both my ARC LS-16 and the beautifully liquid Hovland HP-100. Without a doubt, I preferred neither with the Capitole! In fact, in my opinion is that it does sound best run fully balanced direct to amp.

one thing I have learned is that the KISS philosophy has great merit

I love what the AA brings to the party, as is human nature, I would just like more.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2005
    Ya-Boo, Mar 13, 2005
  2. Ya-Boo

Ya-Boo

PeteH Yes I 100% agree with you, But in a week or so I,ll know rather than
    wonder which has the most benefit in my own system, rather than just dismis
    it as more snake oil

Ya-Boo, Mar 13, 2005
  3. Ya-Boo

Graham C

Maybe it's like the 'Taddeo' box - which you can knock up for about £30 including case.

Maybe Thorsten will disect one of these eventually..

Graham C, Mar 13, 2005
  4. Ya-Boo

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

I don't remember saying it was bad/wrong or anthing other than it does something?, it requires a power lead also.
    The guy in Holland may have other speakers and cables than your using Kev also his room may have different nodes. But I'M quite happy to demomstrate an Capitol direct in to a power amp and again through one of 3 pre amps using all the same cables see what you feel?.
    IMHO the Whest will not replace a preamp, it does do things, I'm sure if you search the forum a guy who had a Naim player had one on trail last year and posted here, (Mike B nailed him then as I remember) but he was bowled over he bought it, do a search. Pm the guy.
    I you wish to buy a decent pre-amp I can give the details of a real killer for a steal from a nother forum member (Nothing to with me either) Would bring your system up a serious notch :) T.

wadia-miester, Mar 13, 2005
  5. Ya-Boo

Anex Thermionic

LOL whether or not you have heard it has no judgement on whether you know what he is saying is rubbish or not. It also has nothing to do with whether it does anything or not.
    I think vinyl sounds better than CD because having the playing surface exposed to the air creates a more even thermal equilibrium between the disc and the surrounding environment.
    There you go, that was an example.

Anex, Mar 13, 2005
Ask a Question