Wilson X-1 Grand Slamm

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by MO!, Oct 4, 2003.

1. MO!

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Bottle neck, WM system sounded great I am not disputing that the mods most likely had an effect.

However I said that american hifi was dog boring, WM dissagreed, but I just wanted to know if it ain't why the modifications (don't know if you have been to WM but most of his kit has not only been modded but transmognified, to the extent some opf it won't fit the original casework, to my eyes that means he felt the american kit need significant improvement.

garyi, Oct 5, 2003
  2. MO!

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Garyi, I do agree with an awful lot of yank stuff is terminal yawn, how ever there are quite a few makes that really do rock, Bryston (ok Canadian)/Sim Audio/Wadia/A/R/MSB/Belcanto/Pass Labs.
    Garyi has a fair point, in that I had to tweek it to achieve the sound I liked, however I haven't changed the 'concept' of the orginal, the mods I prefermed on the Wadia 15 were 90% power related (and the lid did fit at the time, as we hadden it managed to fit suitable caps, that we man enough/correct size/board configuration constraints, so fair cop, how ever thats sussed now, all lids are on, and the New Wadia has 3 of those boards in there :) and it now starting to really sing
    The other mod which was completed was the removal of the stock op-amps and the installation of some improved versions, I've not reworked the orginal design, just brought it up to speed, after all it is 8 years old ;) the same way naim/Arcam rehash there players. I've had it up against some real stonking kit, and it still punches with the best in more than a few area's
    The main reason, I do 'adjust' the kit, is because, I feel that a certain piece is just screaming 'look I can do this, free me', this does apply toa lot of kit not just Wadia's.
    Not for every one, but I find it fun, and you never stop learning. Wm

wadia-miester, Oct 5, 2003
Ask a Question