Witness a moment in HiFi forum history...

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by michaelab, Oct 21, 2005.

1. michaelab

3DSonics away working hard on "it"

Hi,

Considering his usual behaviour and the fact that occasionally people have the irrational desire to hit back when you annoy and irritate them constantly, consistently and in a rather stupid manner I suspect this will remain a hope.

I suspect over at ATC, Naim and Mana they wait with baited breath for 666 to dump his whole system and to switch to SE Triodes, Horn loudspeakers and Ikea Racks, which would be when he would become an asset to them, rather than a bad liability.

Ciao T

3DSonics, Oct 21, 2005
  2. michaelab

The Devil IHTFP

Thanks for the kind thoughts.

The Devil, Oct 21, 2005
  3. michaelab

Garmt

Leave bub alone! :tempted:

Garmt, Oct 21, 2005
  4. michaelab

Stereo Mic

Actually I was thinking more of your escapades with Dac's etc to be honest Michael. If you recall I spent quite a bit extra to beat the results I had with the Tact.

I do hope your posting the link was done in a congratulatory spirit Michael.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2005
    Stereo Mic, Oct 21, 2005
  5. michaelab

Alex S User

<< I hope that people will respect his decision and not come up with a load of "I told you so" bollox.>> :>)

Alex S, Oct 21, 2005
  6. michaelab

michaelab desafinado

Absolutely.
    As to my DAC escapades they're hardly comparable. I liked the DAC64. Alot. I still do. I did post several times saying things like "it's the best digital source there is" etc. but that was clearly just trolling. I got my NOS DAC as something cheap to listen to whilst the DAC64 was going be sent to Tony to have a linear PSU fitted. However, I was so overwhelmed with the performance of the NOS DAC that I decided to bin the DAC64 alltogether. It was a very pleasant surprise.

Michael.

michaelab, Oct 21, 2005
  7. michaelab

Saab

I think you have bird flu.

Saab, Oct 21, 2005
  8. michaelab

ditton happy old soul

lol - unkind but funny

ditton, Oct 21, 2005
  9. michaelab

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

regardless of whether bub gets rid of mana, I think its a positive experience to try new things in audio.

Listen to enough and ''better'' becomes ''mmneeh. it sounds a bit different, I could live with it'' - my comment is non component specific, just to say that its easy to get hung up on small things to the detriment of just enjoying listening to music.

bottleneck, Oct 21, 2005
  10. michaelab

mick parry stroppy old git

Chap

The biggest loser in this saga is JW.

He let his forum be dominated by two dipsticks who argued like thugs and it lost all of its best contributors who just got fed up with it all.

Bub was once a good customer and frankly he was shit on and this was the inevitable conclusion.

I think he needs to base his decision on the sonics rather than his opinion of JW but at the end of the day it is his money and his decision.

Regards

Mick

mick parry, Oct 21, 2005
  11. michaelab

JonR

I personally can't stand the sight of Mana and wouldn't have it anywhere near my house if you paid me, but all the same I would like to add my voice to those who have advised caution before any drastic changes are contemplated or made. If Bub genuinely feels that his Mana stands are giving him the sound that he wants then it would seem a shame to change it. If it ain't broke, etc...

All the same I have read the comments JW made on the Mana forum and...well, it takes the breath away really. Quite apart from which he's probably breaking his own forum rules by talking about banned members! No disrespect to Bub but he doesn't strike me as the sort of bloke one might readily sympathise with - however JW's rantings were out of order and and IMHO Bub has a right to feel aggrieved.

Even if he held on to his Mana stands I find it hard to see how he could defend them as vociferously as he has in the past, under the circumstances, and I doubt this is the sort of situation that would sit well with him for any length of time.

JonR, Oct 22, 2005
  12. michaelab

Saab

Well if he got shat on by the company he has spent thousands with I understand his reasons for being pissed off,but thats not a good reason to deteriorate his own HIFI.Whatever,good luck to him,Mana have lost their best customer on the net.

Saab, Oct 22, 2005
  13. michaelab

Stereo Mic

Saab,

surely you don't believe that removing Mana would make the hifi sound any worse?

Stereo Mic, Oct 22, 2005
  14. michaelab

Saab

I'm not going there Mr Mic,I doubt there is enough energy left across the entire interwebnet to argue that one.We will know soon because hopefully he will buy a new rack and do some a/bs before he sells,obviously wearing 2 blindfolds so he conforms to all the rules.

I find it most sad he will not have anymore reason to be at his old obtuse,acerbic best.Agreeing with Mr Parry about how good Hutter is will make the internet a less interesting place.

Still,life moves on.

Saab, Oct 22, 2005
  15. michaelab

Dexter

Well, there's always ATC! ;)

Dexter, Oct 22, 2005
  16. michaelab

Alex S User

If Bub really is selling his Mana because of a fall out with JW he'll have to sell the Ninja and the ATCs too.

Alex S, Oct 23, 2005
  17. michaelab

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

It is certain that mana have an odd sales technique

Its also amusing that the german distributor has a website around 100% better than manas own.

garyi, Oct 23, 2005
  18. michaelab

wolfgang

:rds2: Hmmm......

wolfgang, Oct 24, 2005
  19. michaelab

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Hmmm indeed, if people have friends like bub who needs enemies.

Assuming there is not an hilarious wind up going on.

Oh how we larfed.

garyi, Oct 24, 2005
  20. michaelab

Alex S User

JW sold you his garage system ATCs bub, strongly 'associated' I'd say.

Alex S, Oct 24, 2005
Ask a Question