Zerogain System

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by merlin, Oct 13, 2004.

1. merlin

Tenson Moderator

I could do all the room treatment for £150 easily.

I am still a little unclear about how we are doing this.. is the system definitely being given away? In which case I think the builder should have their parts costs covered as well as perhaps a few squid for their effort. However if the builders are taking the items home again, I don't see why they shouldn't pay for them with their own money.

Personally, I like the raffle idea and giving the whole lot away and using the raffle money to cover the parts costs. Any left over money (yeah right!) we could give to Michael for running this great forum?

If this is going to happen in time I think we need people to start committing now, right? Should we draw up a list of who is doing what?

I would definitely be willing to do room treatment, but still not sure about travel. Would anybody with a big car be willing to give me a lift? If so then that?s a definite yes from me.

EDIT: So who like ma avatar!? :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2004
    Tenson, Oct 14, 2004
  2. merlin

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

have soldering iron,scope and simulation software, need insperation

themadhippy, Oct 14, 2004
  3. merlin

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

I'm more than happy to 'once-over' your speaker design if you'd like some outside input.

7_V, Oct 14, 2004
  4. merlin

What would this entail? I might be interested if you would be willing do something for the next Seventh Veil exhibition.

I've got the ETF 5 software and a calibrated mike if required.

7_V, Oct 14, 2004
  5. merlin

Tenson Moderator

Steve, I would certainly be willing to do something for the next Seventh Veil showing. Is this at the April Heathrow show as well? If it were not really for the forum, I would want a bit of cash for my time and effort as well.

I was thinking along the lines of a couple of big panel absorbers (contemplating how to do a double sided design) to go in the room?s corners. Four would be best but it will then cost more and obviously some rooms have doors in one corner or something making it hard sometimes. Then also a couple of mid and high absorbers for the first reflection points.

Tell you what, to start this ball rolling I will draw up my designs properly and get a cost for building them.

Tenson, Oct 15, 2004
  6. merlin

Tenson Moderator

Oh, what mic do you have?

Tenson, Oct 15, 2004
  7. merlin

nsherin In stereo nirvana...

WM - I'm looking forward to that. Are you guys joining up with 7V? That was definately one of the most enjoyable rooms at Bristol 2004. Some great kikt and excellent hosts! The Bristol show has become an annual pilgrimage for me!

nsherin, Oct 15, 2004
  8. merlin

It's an "IBF-EMM8 Electret Measurement Microphone". It's calibrated and supplied by a guy in Germany and is the one on the ETF site.

I haven't yet decided which show Seventh Veil will do next but we are a commercial set-up so we'd pay you if you work for us. Do your panel absorbers need to be built for a particular room or is there some flexibility? My past experience of the Bristol Show was that it was the top to bottom mode that was most troublesome. Can anything be done about this and would there still be enough room for people (the rooms there were very small)? How much space do the absorbers take up?

Sorry for all the questions but I believe the same considerations go for the ZG room, too.

PS: I'm not usually so concerned about mid and high absorbers as the speakers minimise ceiling and floor reflections and can sound very un-tizzy compared with most of the fare on offer. Nevertheless, it is sometimes necessary, particularly at the Frankfurt High End Show (that was), where the rooms sounded like large bathrooms. I didn't have much available to me at the time and ended up nailing a duvet to the wall. It worked a treat.

7_V, Oct 15, 2004
  9. merlin

BlueMax

Great idea :)

Some people are bored in this forum and are making posts that annoy even forum organisers.
    Something like this should keep these children happy ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2004
    BlueMax, Oct 15, 2004
  10. merlin

Thanks. If 7V does Bristol 2005 I shall do my best to persuade (cajole, blackmail) the usual suspects to work with me. A small company like mine generally has to do better than the big boys in worse rooms. I can't afford to piss around with cables, ancillaries and set-up.

7_V, Oct 15, 2004
  11. merlin

penance Arrogant Cock

Me iron is hot, I might be able to help with chasis aswell.

Steve,
    I could help lug stuff upstairs at the next Bristol if your in need of a sherpa.

penance, Oct 15, 2004
Ask a Question