A very sad day for music

Discussion in 'General Music' started by MartinC, May 24, 2005.

1. MartinC

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

Aha. By the magic of the newfangled interweb thing I have listened to the execrable rubbish that is this crazy frog.

Nope still say its just a run of the mill crap novelty no 1 ... no different from the others. Must make a mightily annoying ringtone though. Much more of this and expect a spate of mobile phones ejected from train windows

Uncle Ants, May 25, 2005
  2. MartinC

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Aaaah, but Led must have done something right, since they were able to afford their own private (large!) plane in the 70s... Of course, whether it's classed as "music" or not is up for debate (I like it, but then I also like Sam Fox :ffrc:

As for Kylie, nah, never saw or heard the attraction; give me Danii (sp?) Mynogue any day of the week. Hope Kylie will pull through though - mum's had that and it's not fun at all... As for Britney - let's not go there!

I still can't believe I've managed to avoid that ringtone/tune though!

As for phones leaving train windows - believe me, I've been tempted. Usually when the default Nokia ringtone (for sad, boring, no-imagination losers) goes off. Note: I'm not saying I download ringtones (I did program the Doors' "Hello I love you" into my Doors-themed clubbing phone by hand mind you) but anyone who uses the default Nokia tone should be gassed.

domfjbrown, May 26, 2005
  3. MartinC

Tenson Moderator

Nah thats a bit harsh, maybe they just have better things to do than care about what bleep sound their phone makes.

Tenson, May 26, 2005
  4. MartinC

Tenson Moderator

So whats with Kylie?

Tenson, May 26, 2005
  5. MartinC

Dynamic Turtle The Bydo Destroyer

My 2 cents:

Thanks God I don't have any young teenage children at home who play the f'ing thing all weekend!!

DT

Dynamic Turtle, May 26, 2005
  6. MartinC

pjdowns

After all of the hype for the Axel F, Frog Song, I have had to buy this,

Just listened to it and it is brilliant, the most annoying single ever, how much fun I am going to have with my neighbour's, at loud volumes on Friday and Saturday night, he he. :D

Paul.

pjdowns, May 26, 2005
  7. MartinC

or pjdowns for a neighbour it would seem :D

Uncle Ants, May 26, 2005
  8. MartinC

tones compulsive cantater

From "20 Minutes", the free Swiss newspaper we all read on the train every morning. Even non-readers of German will have no difficulty understanding the title...

Klingelton von «Crazy Frog» auf Platz 1 der UK-Hitparade

Klingeltöne sind längst eine ernst zu nehmende Konkurrenz für Musiker geworden. Nun verdrängt der «Crazy Frog»-Ringtone sogar die Band Coldplay von Platz 1 der britischen Charts.

Er ist der meistverkaufte Klingelton aller Zeiten. Nun mischt der Track auch die regulären Single-Hitparaden auf: Mit einer gequakten Cover-Version des 80er-Jahre-Hits «Axel F» von Harold Faltermeier soll der Crazy Frog nächste Woche Coldplay mit ihrem Song «Speed of Sound» vom Spitzenplatz der britischen Charts vertreiben. Auch in Deutschland kommt der Song voraussichtlich dieses Wochenende in die Top 20. Zwar ist der verrückte Frosch in Biker-Montur fast so dämlich wie die «furzenden Affen» mit ihren Klingeltönen, doch scheint er vielen Handybesitzern und neu auch CD-Käufern zu gefallen.

In der Schweiz ist die Frog-CD auf Rang 28. Laut Steffen Hung von Hitparade.ch sind heruntergeladene Klingeltöne kein Thema für die Schweizer Charts: «Dafür wird noch in diesem Jahr eine Download-Hitparade von den Schweizer Online-Musikshops wie iTunes eingeführt.»

tones, May 27, 2005
  9. MartinC

MartinC Trainee tea boy

Found this on another forum, in case you want to know who is responsible :

MartinC, May 27, 2005
  10. MartinC

dunkyboy

The original animation is actually really funny (and it explains why he doesn't have a bike in the video... sorta...)

Dunc

dunkyboy, May 27, 2005
  11. MartinC

Yup. Auntie found it last night and watched it (first time I'd seen it too - I quite liked it). Her verdict? "Well it may be rubbish ... but its better than Coldplay". Mind you she does have a completely irrational dislike of Chris Martin bordering on the psychotic, so that may be some explanation.

Uncle Ants, Jun 2, 2005
Ask a Question