Another pointless Mana debate

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by The Devil, Sep 2, 2004.

1. The Devil

analoguekid Planet Rush

Yeah tried it myself paul at 15 or 16 in Physics, heard round about 18Khz then, prolly couldn't now though, although I was reffereing to the debate around other reasons why supertweeters and sacd etc need/work at such apparently? inaudible frequencies.

I don't have a view either way, just thought it would be interesting to hear peoples thoughts, maybe I should start another threead.

analoguekid, Sep 8, 2004
  2. The Devil

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Maybe it does affect the sound, or maybe not. I doubt my speakers or headphones go high enough for me to find out anyway, and to be honest, its not something I particularly have given much thought.

PBirkett, Sep 8, 2004
  3. The Devil

Tom Alves

At the end of Sgt Pepper there is a 20hz signal which I used to be able to hear. Not now though but it seems to set off some lower harmonics which are just audible.

John Lennon put it on the album to make dogs bark and thus confuse their owners who wouldn't know why they were barking.

Tom Alves, Sep 9, 2004
  4. The Devil

tones compulsive cantater

It actually looks like one of those diamond-studded Rolexes. They are the very height of vulgarity, but apparently there's a big market for them in Asia. They help make Rolex Switzerland's biggest industrial user of gold. They had some on display in their booth in the Basel Watch Fair, coincidentally facing Patek Philippe's booth. PP had, coincidentally facing Rolex, a set of Star Caliber 2000. Now, if you want to be REALLY flash, this is what you want:

http://www.horlogerie-suisse.com/2004/Patek/star.html

A steal at $US7.5 million. Hurry now before all 5 sets are gone!

tones, Sep 9, 2004
Ask a Question