Atc ?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Peregolese, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Peregolese

ShinOBIWAN

ATC did the SCM7 floorstander too. You don't see many in the UK but they do pop up on ebay every once in awhile. The SCM7 floorstanding was mainly marketed in Asia and specifically Japan where ATC has a large following considering.

ShinOBIWAN, Mar 25, 2007
  2. Peregolese

Dick Bowman

The A7 preceded the SCM7; available as both standmount and floorstanding.

Dick Bowman, Mar 25, 2007
  3. Peregolese

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Hiya

Well yes, and in fact no.

Guy Sargeant (the man behind Puresound) is well known in hifi circles, for his time with Audio Innovations, horn speakers, and connections with other industry figures too (living voice, border patrol etc).

Forgive me if I'm getting it 10% wrong.. I'm not the man..

But - Puresound does have the backing of an industry figure.

A good thing - if you appreciate Guy Sargeant's knowledge and experience.

bottleneck, Mar 26, 2007
  4. Peregolese

Purite Audio Purite Audio

I am not bashing SME , for as long as I can remember the Hi Fi press has lauded SME as the finest turntable you can buy etc, I was looking for a new deck, I was very keen to audition it and then very disappointed with the result, I didn't realise the vested interests that are involved, magazines there advertisers, reviewers with long term 'loan' kit, 'consultancy work' , the whole thing stinks imho.
    I would prefer deafness to ATC

Purite Audio, Mar 26, 2007
  5. Peregolese

If you believe magazine reviews, ( and I am not picking on SME ) you must be incredibly naive, the only way is to get out and form your own opinion.

6. Peregolese

The Devil IHTFP

Actually, most magazine reviews are pretty accurate, I find. Of course you have to listen for yourself, too, but the SME reviews I have read have all been absolutely spot-on.

The ATC reviews are pretty good, too................

The Devil, Mar 26, 2007
  7. Peregolese

Pretty accurate! Kessler thought the Stradaveri was worth ten times it's £25k asking price, have you heard a pair, Colloms reckond the ARC Ref 3 is the pinnacle of pre-amp design I borrowed one, very poor, I could go on and on, btw spot the similarity between Sonus and ARC?

8. Peregolese

anubisgrau

They hate ATC too:)!

anubisgrau, Mar 26, 2007
  9. Peregolese

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

ATC make very highly engineered drive units, loudspeakers, amplifiers.

The fact that they are high quality shouldn't be in question - personal preference is..personal, and tastes obviously differ.

bottleneck, Mar 26, 2007
  10. Peregolese

The Devil IHTFP

coops, I've no idea what you are on about. ATC & SME are pretty famous names, are you saying their fame is based on a, er, baseless, er, thing?

The Devil, Mar 26, 2007
  11. Peregolese

andyoz

Boring...NEXT

andyoz, Mar 26, 2007
  12. Peregolese

The Devil IHTFP

Couldn't agree more. It's just so ridiculously daft. Why do they bother? I haven't posted here for a while, and I see it hasn't changed a bit.

Catch you later, perhaps.

The Devil, Mar 26, 2007
  13. Peregolese

Keep buying on other peoples recommendation.

14. Peregolese

andyoz

The original thread starter never returned for his answers.:rolleyes:

andyoz, Mar 27, 2007
  15. Peregolese

anon_bb Honey Badger

They are only spot on if you buy on the bais of magzine reviews and glossy brochures. Try listening to some other kit bub.

anon_bb, Mar 27, 2007
  16. Peregolese

I find the opinion from other forum members far more valuable than magazine reviews, which is a shame because reviewers could give an unbiased opinion of a wide range of kit.

Purite Audio, Mar 27, 2007
  17. Peregolese

lordsummit moderate mod

So are you suggesting that forum owners are unbiased, having pumped 100's and 1000's of pounds into their systems?

Most of the arguments we get in here are of the I spent so much on Weasley Pre-amp, I liked it the best so you must have been mad to buy the Toady....

When will people recognise that hi-fi is not an absolute. Every system is a compromise, a different version of the truth if you like. Each manufacturer has their own view of what sounds good, and each punter has the chance to listen and choose their preferred sound.

What a boring world it would be if what we could all spend our money was kit from one source. What if I didn't like it?

The constant arguments about Naim, ATC, SME and Linn get really tedious. If you want to wave your willies gentlemen, can I suggest you go to Hyde Park. With a bit of luck you'll get arrested and we might all get some peace.

lordsummit, Mar 27, 2007
  18. Peregolese

I want my system to reproduce my piano the way it sounds in my room, not some manufacturers 'view of what sounds good' .

19. Peregolese

anubisgrau

have you ever considering improving your social life in a more rational way instead of wan*ing around with a flow of stupid thoughts. the guy who started the thread didn't ask for that at all - i will remind you he asked in particular for opinions on SMC20.2 passives, SMC20.2 actives and New 40.

almost everyone here at this and other audio fora has different opinions on brands and that purely depends on audio taste, nothing more, nothing less. you obviously don't understand this - than why spoiling an effort of EXPERIENCED members to help someone who is seriously interested in a particular product when you neither have a clue about them nor have an interest to change that.

i personally HATE sonus faber for many reasons (extrema excluded) but i've never said that SF sounds like crap or it is an overrated ugly garbage. the fact their sound is not my cup of tea doesn't give me right to insult those who have a different taste in audio to mine.

i really think you should check some dating websites instead of ZG.

anubisgrau, Mar 27, 2007
  20. Peregolese

'audio taste' perhaps if you take your head out of your arse and go and listen to some live music, sad littlle man.

Ask a Question