Auditioning the MEG RL-901K

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by 3DSonics, Aug 27, 2005.

1. 3DSonics

3DSonics away working hard on "it"

Hi,

FUNNY. NOBODY (especially not myself) asked about ATC. NOBODY asked your for your opinions.

As to who is confused and who is not, that is a debate best left to Mental Health professionals (have you been yet? I must in STRONGEST possible terms recommend a visit really soon)

I am not interrested THE LEAST in your experiences, your basic writing is highly offensive and limited to common places and parotting advertising.

You have contributed NOTHING (not just in this thread) of any substantial (or even insubstantial) value to any of the threads I noticed your comments in.

You have contributed NOTHING EVER where you would for example compare ATC's to any other well known speaker system of similar perfromance/cost in detail, to give any credence to your claims.

What you have contributed is most simply and with absolute completeness summed up as:

1) You own ATC's.

2) You believe them to be the best speakers, based on your owning them.

3) You hold as article of faith and doctrine that anything originating with ATC's marketing department comes before the word of G*d for veracity (BTW, G*d does not own ATC's).

4) Anyone suggesting the possibility of flaws or who even may just not like the way ATC's sound (for whatever reason) is confused.

We have heard your message, we just choose to class you with JW's, Doomsday prophets and others who tell all sorts of stuff without good evidence and WE ARE NOT INTERESTED.

L8er (VERY, VERY much later please) T

3DSonics, Aug 30, 2005
  2. 3DSonics

Hi,

I know, but they do have them on Demo. They only got them recently (3 Weeks or so) and may not have brought their Website up to date.

Ciao T

3DSonics, Aug 30, 2005
  3. 3DSonics

The Devil IHTFP

You seem upset. It's just that you portray yourself as a hi-fi expert, but you seem rather prone to pratfalls, where hi-fi is concerned. The aim of a hi-fi system is to reproduce the recorded music/speech, etc. If these MEG speakers are the paragon of accuracy which you portray them to be, then they would be ideal for a hi-fi system, and will not require any kind of EQ, unless you are referring to "room correction", where it might be debatable.

The Devil, Aug 30, 2005
  4. 3DSonics

The Devil IHTFP

btw, I know that ATCs are the best that I have heard, and that's all I've ever claimed, but you insist on misquoting me, and misrepresenting me. I have heard a lot of speakers, mind you. ;-)

You started a recent online campaign against ATC, and now you are "NOT INTERESTED". Oh well........

The Devil, Aug 30, 2005
  5. 3DSonics

EXASPERATED.....

WHAT CAMPAIGN!!!???

I merely mentioned I felt they where unremarkable and insufficintly neutral (plus a number of other things) to be useful as quality control monitor in studios (a personal opinion that and thus not neccesarily shared by others).

You demanded data to support my assertations (eg that ATC's have poorely controlled dsipersion, above average levels of distortion etc.). When such data came into my hands I posted it. In other words, the whole "campaign" consists strictly out of one initial assertation ("ATC Speakers have several inherent performance flaws") in answer to your "ATC ueber alles" chants, plus answers to your challenges to this assertation.

Whatever "campaign" you conscrue exists only as figment of your imagination and because YOU created it. Get professional help, honestly.

I dislike many speakers and feel most fall woefully short of both the advertising claims and the neccesary standards for using them to monitor the quality of recordings. I merely objected to your "ATC ueber alles" mantra when you fielded it and I gave you reasons that consider reasonable.

I still stand by all I have written, which was primarily related to the objective performance at any extent.

So, the only campaign being waged here is yours to eliminate by shouting down any opinion contrary to your "ATC ueber alles mantra".

You can shout as loud as you will, stamp your feet, pound your fists against the wall and squeel all you will. I WILL NOT retract or recant and what has been made available in the public domain about the objectively measured performance of certain ATC speakers supports my contentions (which makes them neither true or false, merely better supported by data than yours). And repeating your propaganda claims for the 9876th time make them no truer than they where at the first time.

This has overall gone far enough.

If you still see any view that ATC's may have several fundamental flaws in performance (1) as concerted campaign against ATC then you really need your head examined. Maybe a few courses of ECT would restore your mental balance, well, I'll leave diagnosis and treatment to the professionals.

(1 - all speakers invariably are compromised somewhere, some more so others less, ATC In MY Not So Humble Opinion a little below average for the specific market segment)

(2 - and no doubt we are all in a great anti-atc conspiracy, meet occasionally and exchange funny handshakes)

L8er T

3DSonics, Aug 30, 2005
  6. 3DSonics

anon_bb Honey Badger

meg

Bub - Noone here is confused about atc (except possibly you) and noone asked about them. This thread is about meg. Not atc or lyra. Or name calling. Or any campaign. You have won nothing except a straw man. Room eq says nothing about the ability of a speaker. You really should get out and listen to some more kit. Now PLEASE keep it on topic.

anon_bb, Aug 30, 2005
  7. 3DSonics

The Devil IHTFP

Well, isn't it slightly odd that, of all the speaker makes NOT in evidence in this shop, that you singled out ATC for a mention? Why did you single out ATC, Mr Thorsten? Are you becoming obsessed with them? Did Billy Woodman dump you?

I'm not "squeeling", just asking some reasonable questions. Nobody seems interested in MEGs, FWIW.

The Devil, Aug 30, 2005
  8. 3DSonics

anon_bb Honey Badger

I am interested in MEGs. Thorsten mentioned several monitor speakers that were in evidence as well as those that were not that he was already familiar with. Nothing odd about that. Thorsten hasnt lavished PMC with anything very postive bubby - do you see me making a fuss? Now lets forget atc and get back to the thread. Only reasonable questions to do with MEG are welcome here.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2005
    anon_bb, Aug 30, 2005
  9. 3DSonics

Hi,

Because of the history of threads in which I mentioned MEG's before, because the shop lists itself as ATC dealer (but had non on demo or available for demo) and to forestall any discussion of ATC's in the context, as there is nothing to discuss.

We heard side by side PMC IB2's & MEG RL901K's plus we had the option to turn around to reference a nearfield setup with PMC AML1's. No ATC's where there to compare, or we would have included them.

The degree to which your delusions have progressed is really worrying, you see conspiracies and smear campaigns behind each and every simple statement of fact.

L8er T

3DSonics, Aug 30, 2005
  10. 3DSonics

anon_bb Honey Badger

Anything rather than having to question his own assumptions.

anon_bb, Aug 30, 2005
  11. 3DSonics

The Devil IHTFP

Well, there are any number of other studio monitors. Why didn't you take any steps to rule those out of the discussion?

I think you are talking out of your behind, as you possibly noticed. What is your total ATC experience?

You and Mr Expert make a nice folie a deux.

The Devil, Aug 30, 2005
  12. 3DSonics

JonR

Whetstone eh?? Blimey, I work only a couple of miles down the road from there!

Thorsten and brizon-chappie, you guys do realise this thread would be on topic long ago if you hadn't allowed yourselves to get soooooo wound up..........

JonR, Aug 30, 2005
  13. 3DSonics

The Devil IHTFP

I am absolutely not trying to wind anyone up.

I was rather aghast at the way Mr T & Mr Expert attempted to twist the meaning of a highly-favourable ATC review in Hi-Fi News, into a panning. The thread was locked because of their bad behaviour, and so the question was never fully resolved.

Mr T seems to be itching to talk about them, even mentioning them under "absent friends", and this thread was lying fallow, so I thought I'd give him an opportunity to explain his bizarre behaviour. Nothing more.

The Devil, Aug 31, 2005
  14. 3DSonics

Hi,

Then get over there.

Nah, even if you ignore Dr. James he comes by whining about his ATC's, thats as certain as death, taxes and lying politicians.

Ciao T

3DSonics, Aug 31, 2005
  15. 3DSonics

The Devil IHTFP

Please refer to my synchronous posting above, and explain yourself. We'd like some answers.

The Devil, Aug 31, 2005
  16. 3DSonics

JonR

Thorsten,

Sorry - pro-audio shops are not really for me, but I'm glad you had fun!

Bub,

Am delighted you're not out to wind anyone up. Why such discord then? Can you and Mr T not agree to differ? You like ATCs, he doesn't. Where's the harm?

JonR, Aug 31, 2005
  17. 3DSonics

anon_bb Honey Badger

Bub - the post dealt with monitors AT THAT SHOP!! They stocked atc but they were absent. End of story. The thread was locked due to defensive posturing and you are no trying to ruin this one as well. Lay off. The only person itching to talk about them is you. All issues have been resolved. Except ones relating your rather fragile self image.

anon_bb, Aug 31, 2005
  18. 3DSonics

pauldixonuk pmc & bryston

3D,

So you didn't like the signature sound of the PMC or the ATC, but preferred the flatter / more neutral MEG's.

I can accept your opinion, but I personally find flat sounding speakers to be very dull with music. Are you trying to find the most 'accurate' speaker for the sake of it, or do you really prefer this type of presentation for your own music? Do you even equate hifi with music and fun? (a sincere question btw) Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2005
    pauldixonuk, Aug 31, 2005
  19. 3DSonics

The Devil IHTFP

Well, plenty of other speakers were no doubt absent, but they didn't get a mention. It just seems odd, in a sea of oddity.

It says a lot about human nature that, whilst ATC are enjoying international acclaim, and glowing reviews, there will always be some people standing on the sidelines, who attempt to sound a sour note.

The Devil, Aug 31, 2005
  20. 3DSonics

The Devil IHTFP

Why? Accurate speakers just play the music, and if you are seeking inaccuracy, then that's not hi-fi, it's special effects.

Mega-bass, anyone?

The Devil, Aug 31, 2005
Ask a Question