CD player comments please....

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by julian2002, Feb 27, 2004.

1. julian2002

julian2002 Muper Soderator

titian,
    unfotunately they are like hens teeth 2nd hand here in the uk and new they are out of my price range. all the players i'm looking at are about 2000 ukp the bow is a little more but is 2nd hand so the option to haggle is there.

cheers

julian

julian2002, Mar 3, 2004
  2. julian2002

titian

Julian,
    I am not talking about my unit. I thought the chaepest model would have come in your budget but I saw that actualy it is quite above.
    In 3 weeks there is a new model coming out the CD3 with tube output. This model should be around €5900 which is also higher than your budget. Sorry for my confusion.

cheers

titian, Mar 4, 2004
  3. julian2002

julian2002 Muper Soderator

i had a look at that, i think it's going to be about 2800 ukp over here. i'm going to have a listen to the TT fusion 64 on saturday and maybe some other things from ayre and copland if i can (gotta phone and ask).
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Mar 4, 2004
  4. julian2002

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Julian - the Metronome with a tube is probably what I was thinking of in that previous thread. I knew Id heard a Metronome CDP with a valve.

I heard it with Renaissance monoblocks and some standmounts (forgotten them) in heathrow show 2003.

Perhaps its only now getting its UK launch.

I really liked the sound of the system in the room.

bottleneck, Mar 4, 2004
  5. julian2002

titian

Sorry, you're wrong.
    the one you heard was the previous model which here, france and germany cost about 7-8K £.
    There is a new version coming out in three weeks (CD3), which will have also some technology of the higher models and would cost nevertheless less than the one you heard. I know some people who were a few weeks ago at metronome to hear it and they were very happy.
    I haven't heard it and therefore I can't give you my opinion. I must say though last year when the dealer brought me the version you heard, I swithed it off in 10 minutes (after listening to the kalista and Co.).
    Julian, if you consider the CD3 then first only after a demo (at your place).

titian, Mar 5, 2004
Ask a Question