Eupen Power Cords

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by eagle, Mar 22, 2004.

1. eagle

merlin

WHY:confused:

To my mind it's the perfect way to prove your current conclusions Michael. I really cannot see why it is so disagreeable.

merlin, Mar 23, 2004
  2. eagle

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Are you going to take part in the testing too then Merlin?

MO!, Mar 23, 2004
  3. eagle

merlin

Only too happy to MO:)

merlin, Mar 23, 2004
  4. eagle

michaelab desafinado

If I understand you correctly (which may not be the case) you are suggesting a test where during the 16 (or however many) iterations you might change either a cable or something else.

Whilst it might be counter intuitive, such a test would not really prove anything unless a far larger number of iterations was used in order to make it statistically significant. It also makes reaching any statistically valid conclusions very hard.

I don't see how my suggestion of ABX-ing some cables and then ABX-ing some boxes (or the other way around) wouldn't just as validly test the same things - provided of course that the test subjects don't know whether cables or boxes are being tested.

The results you'd get would be: cable A and cable B could/couldn't be told apart and separately, CDP A and CDP B could/couldn't be told apart.

If I'm "right" then the CDPs should be distinguishable but the cables not. The test, in order to be meaningful, has to of course involve more than just me as a test subject and the results all bundled together allthough looking at how different individuals scored would be interesting.

Michael.

michaelab, Mar 23, 2004
  5. eagle

mudan

On my Marantz CD6000OSE I have the 05/04 Eupen and on my Pioneer A400 the slightly cheaper CSA 2.5 cable. From my listening tests, both improve performance.

mudan, Mar 24, 2004
Ask a Question