firefox 0.9.1 is out

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sgt Rock, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Sgt Rock

PBirkett VTEC Addict

I've found a few pretty annoying things with it now. Firstly, tooltips - they sometimes "stick" on the screen and outstay their welcome... anybody have the same problem, and/or knows a fix?

Secondly, when you go back a page, it would be nice if it returned me to the part of the page I was on previously. If I was on the bottom and I click a link, then go back, I want to go back to the bottom, not the top!

Any solutions are welcome, as those are faily annoying bugs.

PBirkett, Jul 8, 2004
  2. Sgt Rock

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

Works fine here on my PC.

Again my installation is functioning correctly, I've just tested this out to be sure.

I'm finding 0.91 very good, non-buggy and stable – I haven't managed to crash it yet!

Tony.

TonyL, Jul 8, 2004
  3. Sgt Rock

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Must vary from machine to machine then, its clear this thing still has a few bugs in it, but it does in general seem to be an improvement over previous versions.

PBirkett, Jul 8, 2004
  4. Sgt Rock

michaelab desafinado

I don't have a problem with tooltips, I do however have the "not returning to where I was" issue but only on certain sites, of which ZG is unfortunately one. I don't remember having this issue with earlier versions of FireFox but then it might also be due to the ZG forum software change which happened are roughly the same time for me. The bug doesn't happen on PFM so it's almost certainly related to the new vB software here. Whether the actual "bug" is a FireFox one or a vBulletin one I don't know. Might put up a post on the vBulletin forums and see what they say.

Michael.

michaelab, Jul 8, 2004
  5. Sgt Rock

PBirkett VTEC Addict

The tooltip problem can be like this: You can hover over a subject in the forum, and the tooltip will pop up. You then click on the link to go to the page. When the next page has loaded, the tooltip is still on the screen and is until you scroll down.

The "not returning where I was" problem does seem to happen on some sites and not others, and also happens when refreshing.

PBirkett, Jul 8, 2004
  6. Sgt Rock

michaelab desafinado

The "not returning to where you were" problem has now been fixed, for ZG at least :cool:

I suspected that it was to do with no-cache headers and a quick browse of the vBulletin boards confirmed this. I just switched them off (saves bandwidth aswell) and it's fixed the problem. Presumably, because of the no-cache header FireFox was thinking it was a "new" page and therefore returning to where you were didn't make sense.

EDIT: switching this option off should make ZG faster aswell :)

Michael.

michaelab, Jul 8, 2004
  7. Sgt Rock

auric FOSS

Anyone else feel like making a donation?

Donate to MozillaZine

Thanks to Mozilla's growing popularity, MozillaZine is also growing at a tremendous rate. Because of this, we are now regularly exceeding our current hardware's limits, and have experienced extended downtime because of it. We are planning to purchase new machines to better support the site going forward, and currently need help making that happen. Any donations you make will go directly to the costs of the site, and will be very much appreciated! Thanks for your support!

The MozillaZine Staff

Auric :)

auric, Jul 8, 2004
Ask a Question