Fuses

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by melorib, Apr 17, 2007.

1. melorib

andyoz

These people are actually being very clever.

It will reap more rewards than fiddling with fuses, etc, etc.

Anyone who has any sort of understanding of room acoustics would know that.

andyoz, May 3, 2007
  2. melorib

dean.l

correct, I was joking hence the :D

I have had good results from damping speaker cabinets with t60 (damping mat) and different wadding/foam easily as much gain as changing your speakers.

so I guess this should be added as a cheap tweak too.

dean.l, May 3, 2007
  3. melorib

Knightshade

This has turned into a bit of a debate...... I wonder how the Americans deal with things?

Knightshade, May 3, 2007
  4. melorib

melorib Lowrider

Today I returned home from watching "wild dogs", I have not laughed so much in years, no wonder I have done most of that, Harley-Davidson from 1991 to 2003...

There where 4 Xindac silver fuses waiting in the mail box, not from the shitty Chinese dealer, but from a friend in Portugal, I promptly installed them in my Classic amplifier and in my isolation transformer, where I have connected the Linn player/processor + satellite box + LCD HDTV...

WOW, the blacks, the colours, are much stronger, what a surprise...

As for the sound, it seems to have a bit more life and body, but it could be coincidence or placebo, anyway, I know they will still "sound" good when they "rust", and for 2.50 euros a piece...

melorib, May 5, 2007
  5. melorib

melorib Lowrider

Over a year ago I started this system with a TEAC DVD/proc/2 ch Tripath amp, when I got the Isolation transformer, I connected the whole system to it, box + LCD + TEAC, and was particularly impressed with the improvement to the quality of the image, as I wrote in the forum...

Then I upgraded with Linn and Cayin, and connected them to the transformer, instead of the LCD + box...

The other day I made the mistake of connecting also the subwoofer, as B&W claims 100 watts rate for it, of course the 2.5A fuse in the transformer blew, and I replaced it with a 6A that I got in a local store...

As the Classic uses more power, it is direct on the power bar, so I connected back the LCD + box, but the difference was not significant, I assumed maybe I am used to it now...

With the silver fuse, it is like the first time I used the transformer, so fuses can indeed make a significant difference...

melorib, May 6, 2007
Ask a Question