Gordon and the donkey

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by technobear, Mar 8, 2007.

1. technobear

technobear Ursine Audiophile

Central government administration costs have risen from £14.8 billion in 1997 to £21 billion in 2005 (Heaven knows what is is by now).

Why?

(Perhaps it's to pay for all the extra beaurocrats to count all the extra Council Tax which has also risen by 50% over the same period :mad: )

technobear, Mar 8, 2007
  2. technobear

ben556473

Lordsummit you think what you are told to think. You pull the company line, you say what you think will get you the most support, do you think the 'English as a Additional Language' people you teach will stay in Britain? why should I pay your wages to teach foriegn peoples children answer that question please.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2007
    ben556473, Mar 8, 2007
  3. technobear

ben556473

Homosexuality is a sin and should be against the law, it serves no purpose other than self gratification and to suggest that it is love is a lie it is sodom and should be suppressed for the benefit of society. Women should be allowed to be women and men should be allowed to be men in todays 'society' women are brainwashed into going to work instead of bringing up children which is the most important 'job' anyone can have. The only reason equality is touted as far as women is concerned is to get them paying taxes and contributing to the productivity of the company, sorry country. People of differing ethnicity seem to get on fine with British people if they realise they are the guests of the native people and behave accordingly (as in speak our language, respect our way of life, and above all enjoy the hospitality of a Christian Nation). As far as older people are concerned if you are talking about British older people then you are correct they are left to die in an uncareing world where they are not profitable and beyond use, thats because people have lost all sense of duty to there parents, this is because everyone is out for themselves. If you understand that a civilization is nearing it's end when it creates idols of youth and sexuality and mocks the old and wise then you understand why this 'civilization' is coming to a rather embarasing end. No matter how much pc gobbledygook you talk the truth is always there and in the end will be shown as such.

ben556473, Mar 8, 2007
  4. technobear

Bob McC living the life of Riley

Ben do you take drugs?

Bob McC, Mar 8, 2007
  5. technobear

ben556473

Why do you ask me that ? Is it because you disagree with my views? Do you? , have you ever?

ben556473, Mar 8, 2007
  6. technobear

Because you talk about smoking something or other with other people and it would help me forgive your incoherent, illiterate, homophobic,misogynistic, racist diatribe.

Bob McC, Mar 8, 2007
  7. technobear

ben556473

Please read what I have written again, there is nothing racist or homophobic or sexist there. I understand why you might misinterperet it as such but I promise you that as much as it might seem impossible I'm actually a nice guy.

ben556473, Mar 9, 2007
  8. technobear

ben556473

I think homosexuality is wrong, ok? I think women should bring up their children, is there something wrong in that, I think Britain should be for british people, is there anything wrong with that? It is possible for someone to hold these views and still be careing and sensitive and understanding you know.:)

ben556473, Mar 9, 2007
  9. technobear

Tenson Moderator

Did you guys see that NHS TV show where they had some business man come in to sort it out? It seems all that is really needed is some decent organisation and leadership. It seems most of the people who run this country don't know the first thing about running anything!

Most schools, like the NHS, are the same – badly organised.

It would be interesting to see proven successful business-men run the country. Not to make money, but to provide good public service with a minimum of taxes. Its just the same as producing a product at as low cost as possible - the most important thing is good organisation.

I don’t think there is really an easy answer regarding immigrants though. On one hand I don’t like them sucking up resources and giving little back. But on the other hand I know that many do give back and it is in-humane to not help them. I guess the fact is there is not enough country for everyone! It does annoy me though when I see them having no respect for the country that is kind enough to keep them alive. There was also something recently about the British flag not being allowed in hospitals anymore too, I mean WTF?!

Anyway...

Tenson, Mar 9, 2007
  10. technobear

Tenson Moderator

You think that because you were told to think that.

Tenson, Mar 9, 2007
  11. technobear

ben556473

I must disagree in the main there Tenson, though I thank you for not pigeon holing me like bob. The country needs to be run as a country not a business, it is the law of money that has led to the way things are now. If the country was run as a country then it might have some respect for itself.

ben556473, Mar 9, 2007
  12. technobear

ben556473

No I think that because homosexuality is perverse, by the definition of the word. It cannot produce children. You cannot deny nature, I understand that people can be perverse in their sexual practice but that does not mean that society should condone it. I 'think' that because women give birth and are mothers, lol. The truth gets bent so badly doesn't it?

ben556473, Mar 9, 2007
  13. technobear

Andy registered grazer

Sounds like a good idea Tens.
    Think you hit the nail on the head with the rest of your post too.
    That's how i feel anyway.

Andy, Mar 9, 2007
  14. technobear

Ben
    I gave you the benefit of the doubt before, now I just think you're an inarticulate moron.

Bob McC, Mar 9, 2007
  15. technobear

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

All users please note that Ben556473 is now banned.

Simply put, homosexuality IS part of nature. To say it is wrong is akin to saying being black is wrong. Or akin to saying being white is wrong.

However, it is particularly offensive when there are homosexual people on this forum who have contributed far more to it than you.

I-S, Mar 9, 2007
  16. technobear

Hex Spurt

The UK economy is a juggernaut. It is steered by world events and business cycles. Gordon sitting in the cab and tinkering with the airconditioning hasn't done much to make the journey quicker. The only thing he's done is to 'not' screw things up. That has been the fear with all governments of the past.

We've had 12 years of Labour, and I think they've been lucky to ride the crest of this economic wave. Things are going to get tougher in the next three to five years.

Hex Spurt, Mar 9, 2007
  17. technobear

technobear Ursine Audiophile

Precisely - it is going to get tougher. Why?

Because Gordon has screwed it up!

Slowly but surely he has killed the goose that lays the golden egg as we will all discover to our cost over the next three years.

It is to be hoped that something good will come out of this in that they will then be unelectable for a decade at least and we can start to rebuild a country worth living in.

Sadly for Britain, this may not actually happen. Gordon has been very shrewd in creating his army of paid voters who depend for their livelihood (and their non-jobs) on labour largesse (with our money). Has he created enough of them (along with all the losers, spongers, wasters, etc. that labour supports) to ensure labour get re-elected?

Then again perhaps the sky-rocketting crime rate and our decimated and ineffective police force will ensure they don't get re-elected. Then again, maybe the crims now outnumber the rest and will all vote labour to ensure their easy-ride continues.

I'm beginning to sound like an angry young man (and I'm not even young anymore :( ). Right now this Government's policies and proposals and record of non-achievement are driving me nuts!

technobear, Mar 9, 2007
  18. technobear

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

It may be a juggernaut - but the government of the day is at the wheel.

This is going to appear in a miriad of ways - from the balancing of the budget, to investment in people and industry - and Labours decision for interest rates to be handled by the bank of England.

If we follow your arguement of ' a juggernaut not dictated by the government' to it's logical conclusion, Thatcher's government of the 80's had no contribution to the recession of the era.

bottleneck, Mar 9, 2007
  19. technobear

Did you guys see that NHS TV show where they had some business man come in to sort it out?

Yes. And the joke about that was that it was Gerry Robinson who singly handedly brought the once giant Granada TV to its knees when he was MD! He is universally loathed for what he did there and experience suggests he couldn't manage a paper bag let alone a Health Service!

Bob McC, Mar 9, 2007
  20. technobear

Hex Spurt

That wasn't quite the idea I was trying to convey. The analogy of the juggernaut works like this. The Govt of the day is simply a passenger. They can do what little they can to smooth the way, or act like a lunatic and wrestle the wheel from the drivers hand. We've seen enough wrecks to know how that can end.

IMO Tecnobear is quite right, Gordon has been slowly strangling the Golden Goose.

Hex Spurt, Mar 9, 2007
Ask a Question