Gordon and the donkey

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by technobear, Mar 8, 2007.

1. technobear

Tenson Moderator

You do have a good point.

Tenson, Mar 9, 2007
  2. technobear

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

no discussion of banned members is a good policy - they don't have any way to reply. It's a fair and reasonable thing to implement.

bottleneck, Mar 9, 2007
  3. technobear

Bob McC living the life of Riley

I can assure you that many of the people who claim that money each week for going to school use it as pocket money.

You cannot assure me with yet another Daily Mail sensationalist statement with no statistical back up to show you haven't just made it up.

Bob McC, Mar 9, 2007
  4. technobear

lordsummit moderate mod

From the AUP:

You signed up to it when you joined.

lordsummit, Mar 9, 2007
  5. technobear

Tenson Moderator

:p

Tenson, Mar 9, 2007
  6. technobear

Paul Ranson

Except that the banned member was banned for his religious beliefs. Which seems worthy of discussion.

Paul

Paul Ranson, Mar 9, 2007
  7. technobear

Robbo

I've come to this thread late, but well done Isaac. Homophobia angers me intensly.

Robbo, Mar 9, 2007
  8. technobear

Bob McC living the life of Riley

Paul
    I think he was banned for more than that unless you agree with hiding behind religion to spout homophobia, racism and misogyny.

Bob McC, Mar 9, 2007
  9. technobear

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

those views don't anger me intensely, i don't even find them offensive, just pathetic, even though we all know they are wrong and founded in a potentially mistaken belief in some religious doctrine.

but how are we ever able to help these people see the light if you exclude them, i just see it as a missed opportunity to present the alternative side of the coin and potentially help better the guy.

it's the squandered opportunity for personal improvement that is the real shame, not the fact people can actually believe that crap in the first place.

imho

sq225917, Mar 9, 2007
  10. technobear

Tenson Moderator

Nice idea, but what are the chances of changing a religious belief seeded from childhood? Not high I would imagine!

Tenson, Mar 10, 2007
  11. technobear

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I would remind people of the requirement not to discuss banned members. I will make the following statement however, as the END of said discussion:

The he put forth make me very angry indeed. This has nothing to do with his religion... maybe that is the cause of his views, but it was those views and those views alone which caused him to be banned. Replies #28 and #32 to this thread were the specific offensive posts, and contain no reference to any religious standpoint.

The matter is closed.

I-S, Mar 10, 2007
  12. technobear

zanash

Actually the only thing that got my goat was the Chief exec ...had not in all the time he was in post [2years] bothered to walk round the establishment ...the senior staff didn't know who he was.

Seemed to me the front line staff were doing the best they could with that plonker riding on there back.

I've seen the same thing when I was in the Fire service ....you get a new chief who brings in loads of half baked new ideas and then wrings his hand and bleats when literally everything goes down the pan ...this chap had approx 2 years riding a front line appliance and 25 years in an office. He's now decide to cut the number of pumps available at night .....in the 20 years I served all the big fires were at night, all rescues bar a couple were at night , all the fire deaths were at night .....I could go on

zanash, Mar 10, 2007
  13. technobear

ShinOBIWAN

If you've fucked a woman up the arse does this have implications for your sexuality? :D

BTW Before you ask; No matter whether its male, female, goat or donkey. I don't like the idea of shit on my dick. Its a hygiene thing.

Should two women or two blokes be together? Why not, if they're happy who cares. That's one of the problems with this country, some people are more interested in how other people conduct themselves rather than looking at the real problem - themselves.

ShinOBIWAN, May 16, 2007
  14. technobear

greg Its a G thing

Massive improvements over the poverty left by the tories. Primary schools are cooking on gas regards facilities, but too much measurement and curriculum and too little opportunity to develop naturally. Secondary schools seem virtually unchanged.

greg, May 18, 2007
  15. technobear

greg Its a G thing

That is probably true, but it was a whole lot worse 10/12 years ago.

greg, May 18, 2007
  16. technobear

zanash

And the billions going down the pan to his fat cat mates via pfi ?

And we still live in a country where your health care [and therefore life span] is determined by your post code ....

Come on open your eyes ....all politicians are there fore their self aggrandizement .....

show me a politician and I'll show you a liar ....have you forgotten those 45minutes,
    Just to think of these makes my stomach turn blunket, prescott, Nedal affair, sutton, the list is endless

zanash, May 18, 2007
  17. technobear

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

Do you think it will be better under the Conservatives?

As a historical lefty I am really unsure which way to vote at the next election. I just think David Cameron is not to be trusted and is party style over party substance.

GBrown seems to be more 'serious', but the pensions debacle leaves me anti Labour.

lAmBoY, May 18, 2007
  18. technobear

Dev Moderator

Should we start our own party? Something like ZeroGain Leftist Party?:D.

Dev, May 18, 2007
  19. technobear

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

A trick he learned from the masters, new labour.

No politician is to be trusted. Conservatives have moved to the middle seeing labour's success there. Labour moved to the middle for their success. Lib Dems are getting squeezed out from both sides... Honestly I feel it doesn't matter which of the three mainstream parties gets in now, they're all occupying the same space in the political spectrum.

I'd far rather be able to cast an anti-vote against the BNP than to cast a vote for labour, lib dem or conservative. I don't mind any of those three getting in power, but I do mind the BNP getting anywhere.

I-S, May 18, 2007
  20. technobear

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

I think the BNP have had their 15mins of fame. Maybe UKIP? I dunno. I just dont like the idea of not voting - 'cos if you cant vote you cant complain!

lAmBoY, May 18, 2007
Ask a Question