Is this kind of thing sustainable???

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Joolsburger, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Joolsburger

sideshowbob Trisha

Did bugger all when I tried it.

Welcome back Merlin, so what you buying next?

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Feb 3, 2004
  2. Joolsburger

julian2002 Muper Soderator

mike,
    welcome back, but keep your sars / bird flu infected carcass away from me untill you've sweated it out of your system :D ;).
    did they have the military / helicopters out for eade? the army was out in force when we went over and the muslim holiday was on mind you that was just after 9/11 so....
    seriously though let me know when you have a spare saturday and i'll get the snacks in.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Feb 3, 2004
  3. Joolsburger

michaelab desafinado

I am :) . See here. Also got a pre-amp on the way...but I wasn't going to say anything about it until I got it.... :MILD:

Michael.

michaelab, Feb 3, 2004
  4. Joolsburger

Sauerkraut Do I or Don't I? I did!!!

Ok I have a friend who lives in Washington who say he will order some and send it to me. At these exchange rates not much of a gamble. And I love trying these things out!

Paper 8" x 11" Unbacked $19.95/sheet
    1" Tape by the foot (10 ft minimum) $4.26/foot

I have a cdp (on its own stand) then
    from top to bottom on a rack next to the stand
    AV amp
    dvd player
    Stereo amp (Arcam A75) so microprocessor bits in it
    DAC
    Cassete player (rarely use)

Also have a BR supermains block and all the cables needed to connect this stuff together.

WM (or any one else with experiance) what do you think the minimum I should order should be and where should I place it to get the most out of it? Obviously don't want to spend a fortune, just want to try it out.. I'll post my results here once it arrives.
    Thanks

Sauerkraut, Feb 3, 2004
  5. Joolsburger

Robbo

I honestly think you'd be wasting your time trying it. Yes it does work around clocks in CD players etc., but the effect is subtle.

Spend the money on some CDs instead.

Robbo, Feb 3, 2004
  6. Joolsburger

Ah come on let me have some fun. I've got 500+ cd's and there is almost nothing new that intrests me at the moment.

I like playing with these tweeks. And some guys in this forum said its made really good improvements, got to be worth $20.
    :D

Sauerkraut, Feb 3, 2004
  7. Joolsburger

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

SQ, do you have a dvd player?, or an anthing with an E-frame transformer, I have a few sheets around some where, I can let you have some I'm sure.
    It works best around transformers, ontop of clocks and dsp chips big caps etc, so kit it makes a serious difference, others as robbo says subtle, but it is accumulative, and we use it in other applicationms other than audio. Wm

wadia-miester, Feb 3, 2004
  8. Joolsburger

Joolsburger

So it seems that it may work or not, a little different from "Throw a sheet or two of ERS paper into your component, and feel like you just saved yourself a thousand, or two, or three thousand dollars in a major component upgrade! Man, this stuff is dangerous!"
    Which was my point, it's the hyperbole and excessive claims I find utterly vexing.

Joolsburger, Feb 3, 2004
  9. Joolsburger

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Robbo, its perfectly OK not to hear a difference, I fail to see how you could assess that putting some round the clock led to a subtle difference.

Just what the hell does that mean?

I think its fair to say that some of our more esteemed hobbists have got infections in the brain, presuambly sniffing a green pen will sort it out.

garyi, Feb 3, 2004
  10. Joolsburger

Robbo

:confused:

I am sorry Gary, you need to make yourself a bit clearer.

Perhaps I need to define a subtle change. Think of moving from a CDS2 to a CDS3. you can make out that there are some improvements, but its hardly worth bothering with.

Robbo, Feb 3, 2004
  11. Joolsburger

Sgt Rock

We all know he want's one :D

Sgt Rock, Feb 3, 2004
  12. Joolsburger

Joolsburger

In a similar ilk I kust read rhis on HFC forum "Hi-Fi Choice has just the review/group test for you. 4 stereo and 4 AV amps at <£800. Interestingly they rave about a £300 Sony multichannel amp and basically say that the multichannel amps have come a long way and easily beat the Roksan Kandy and Creek stereo amps"

Why do jurnos do this???

Joolsburger, Feb 3, 2004
  13. Joolsburger

merlin

thanks to all for the greetings, seems I've missed quite a lot, what with DIY amps and big muffin eating competitions round at Omiga!

What am I buying next? Well loads of music actually! Ordering some of that black stuff and waiting for a phono stage (which of course will get the ERS treatment;)

No sign of that Julian, although I was in the deep south, where there have been a rash of religious killings recently (basically Muslim youths killing Buddhist monks with knives and machetes!). It's great to find somewhere devoid of farang though! No Flu yet, but we are going back there in just three weeks so I might buy a mask!

It is interesting though that I really enjoyed listening to some Eagles and the two Bobs on a bar system with an old Wharfdale Linton just playing one channel of a few bootleg CD's. Really musical!

merlin, Feb 3, 2004
  14. Joolsburger

sideshowbob Trisha

Those Buddhist monks are hard as nails, you need to be well tooled up to take them on.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Feb 3, 2004
  15. Joolsburger

wolfgang

You have been watching too many kung fu movies.

wolfgang, Feb 3, 2004
  16. Joolsburger

merlin

Sadly Ian, not when they are 12 years old:( There really are some f**ked up people out there:mad:

merlin, Feb 3, 2004
  17. Joolsburger

Just got in from pub som missed a bit going on here. Can't resist the ale!:beer:
    Thanks WM would love to take you up on the offer. Yes I have a DVD player. Lives below my av amp and above my stereo amp. Sounds like a definite candidate for the ERS reatment. Shall I PM you with details. Happy to paypostage etc
    Thanks again

Sauerkraut, Feb 3, 2004
  18. Joolsburger

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Wolfie, I'm afraid your DBT has let you down, thats Shoulin Monks, have seen them twice, spectacular they are too

wadia-miester, Feb 4, 2004
  19. Joolsburger

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

No - you're alright thanks. I like being able to play the charity shop CD bargains I get when I'm out and about, and I've not got time to rip music to AAC or whatever the fudge an iPod uses - I'd rather be listening to CDs than clogging my time up trying to rip them on my archaic Athlon 750!

Besides, I'm not that keen on the iPod styling and the fact it uses an HDD.

domfjbrown, Feb 4, 2004
  20. Joolsburger

timpy Snake Oil free!!!

Running Andy's (Sgt Rock) iPOD through the Densen / Kabers on Saturday, apart from the lack of level, it was surprisingly listenable. The Equivalent CD through the Teac / Wadia was better obviously, more colour and life, but the iPOD had all the ingredients and would be perfectly good in it's intended use, and a passable fill in at home unless for those critical listening sessions.

Cheers

timpy, Feb 4, 2004
Ask a Question