Manchester show

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by GAZZ, Jan 11, 2004.

1. GAZZ

Hex Spurt

It was good to meet those of you who came by and said hello :) Sorry I didn't have more time to spend chatting with each of you.

The Radisson was a much better venue than the Hilton. Chatting round the bar in the evenings many of the exhibitors were surprised that they got some decent sounds in the rooms compared to other shows. Not perfect, but much better than expected, so that was positive.

I had a quick 30 minute tour round the whole show on Sunday afternoon but found it hard to judge the quality of a lot of the kit because of the demo music played. Liked the Krell CD player running into the Sonus Faber speakers. The Quadraspire rack dem was quite an eye opener. I wasn't expecting so much of a difference in pace between the old and new designs. And of course, the Dalis were as mad as a box of frogs :D

Regards

Hex Spurt

Hex Spurt, Feb 9, 2004
  2. GAZZ

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

It wasn't just me then. I walked out of that show kind of thinking for the first time I can see why people spend £10k on a HIFI system. The prevous shows I have been to the systems didn't sound much better than mine and thats saying somthing!

I found the lifts were too busy at the Raddison though as they did not appear to be any stairs.

The Wilson (can't remember the second name) on the top floor was nice. It had a great view of the runway:D

amazingtrade, Feb 9, 2004
  3. GAZZ

SCIDB Moderator

Hi Michael,

I think the VPI was the Scoutmaster. Not sure what the cartridge.

The speakers were by Peak Consult International. The were the Incognito. These retail from £7495.

http://www.peak-consult.dk/

They were also using a Nagra Dac. There was also an Accuphase power conditioner as well.

Not cheap but very good.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Feb 10, 2004
  4. GAZZ

merlin

Ah I wondered if they were demming the Incognitos!

Fabulous speakers to these ears, one of the very few I would lose the Merlins for if I won the lottery. No wonder it was sounding good!

Cheers

merlin, Feb 10, 2004
  5. GAZZ

Hex Spurt

Sorry to drag this two year old thread back from the dead, but someone just pm'd me asking for Priviledge Tickets. I won't name names to spare their blushes :JPS:

For those interested, Priviledge Tickets can be downloaded from the organisers website here I don't know how long the link will stay live. More details about the show, the dates & times etc on that site.

If anyone wants to pop in and say hi I'll be in the AudioWorks projector dem room. I'll have the Philips Pronto Professional and I'll be showing what a scaler can do to enhance the pictures on a flat screen TV.

All the best

Chris

Hex Spurt, Jan 22, 2007
Ask a Question