Mf X-act Dac

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by nsherin, May 19, 2005.

1. nsherin

NRG

Inside there is an obsolete Sanyo LC8900K and LC78835. Two 5v regs one for each chip fed by a single diode and RC filter. The opamp is an NE5332 dual not the 5534 I said previously. +/- 15v rails for the opamp. The internals need work before replacing the external TX.

NRG, Jun 7, 2005
  2. nsherin

nsherin In stereo nirvana...

Went up to my local Maplins store today and picked up a 12v AC 500ma power brick. Plugged it in and hooked it all up to my system. After a couple of hours, first impressions are excellent - certainly more 'air', 'space' and detail than the NAD. Bass seems to be about the same or possibly a touch less, but that isn't a bad thing on some recordings that seem to have too much bass and thus sound a little distorted.

Had a look at the other power brick the other night that was causing problems - it was outputting 300ma - that might explain why I was having trouble!

nsherin, Jun 11, 2005
  3. nsherin

zanash

You can get better results with a decent sized transformer....10va or more. The music is more relaxed less artificial. That said its not a patch on the NOS DAC .....even my modded X-DAC was left wanting. Though the NOS was not as good as the dac in my 99cdp.

zanash, Jun 12, 2005
Ask a Question