My weekend

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by penance, Jul 13, 2004.

1. penance

lordsummit moderate mod

Mine are sounding good, but there's definitely something to come in the bass.
    I think with the room thing having those solid floors and foot thick walls all round the room probably help. There's not much there to react to the speakers

lordsummit, Jul 13, 2004
  2. penance

analoguekid Planet Rush

'salright Issac James aint exactly "man mountain Dean" you could allways bitch slap each other :) anyway enough for tonight off to Tae Kwon Do now (seriously)

analoguekid, Jul 13, 2004
  3. penance

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

I say this again,

DONT even think about the sound of them until you have at LEAST 250 hours on the bores, YES REALLY, they take forever to run in, the S/W took over 500 hours to start to wake up, the B/H 2's have now over 750 hours on them and are still improving, be patient it will be worth the wait :)

wadia-miester, Jul 13, 2004
  4. penance

penance Arrogant Cock

Loud an clear Tone:)

Just making comment on initial impressions. I realy do like them, and wont be going back to the lil contour:D

penance, Jul 13, 2004
  5. penance

lordsummit moderate mod

I'm understanding you. school holidays coming up, will get some serious time in there

lordsummit, Jul 13, 2004
  6. penance

Robbo

So when do we get to hear these mythical beasts then Tone? I've been looking forward to hearing them for ages :)

Robbo, Jul 13, 2004
  7. penance

The Devil IHTFP

Hiya Robbo. How are you feeling tonight?

Just expressing a few (correct) opinions, but the truth hurts.

750 hours run-in Tony? You ought to be on the Naim forum.

:)

The Devil, Jul 13, 2004
  8. penance

penance Arrogant Cock

[unnecessary insults removed]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2004
    penance, Jul 13, 2004
  9. penance

Robbo

The trouble is james, not everyone can spend £8K or so on some ATC100s and probably the same again on Mana. Your posts come across as willy waving in the extreme unfortunately. theres really no need for it.

Robbo, Jul 13, 2004
  10. penance

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

James,

AS your a sad egotistical deluded indivdual with materialistic fixations and suffering from ferrite addiction, have you considered having your penis mounted on 37 levels? might even do what Hineken couldn't refresh eh?, or will you chopper turn albino due to the bleaching effect that mana has?.Trying to explain anything to you unless its involves mana is a waste of time, so I won't need to continue on this score :)
    Why would I want mechanicaly contrived reproduction (naim) when I can have the real thing :)
    Lets get basic James, your system is little more than average, that goes fairly loud and fills the room a bit. maybe you need more time with your analylist, he may yet yeild the answers you seek in your pitiful exsistance. Good luck on your quest, for I fear it may take some time.
    Andy
    It took 3 months for the s/waters to really shine, at that was constant use.
    The B/H's have had the radio running through them only, not serious Graham N levels.

Robbo,

Soon I feel we're getting close now, I've just got to finish off the 27, and we'll be in business, maybe 3 weeks might even throw a First day use BBQ as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2004
    wadia-miester, Jul 13, 2004
  11. penance

analoguekid Planet Rush

I have to defend Dr McP here He really does post these things toungue in cheek, and I daily come across lots of Overpaid rsoles (ie Dr's) and I have to say james is not typical of the breed, he may be deluded about his setup (but lets be honest who isn't), and he may be contentious and arrogant (they learn this on ward rounds), but I don't think willy waving is his game, I have met a lot of willy wavers, one of my best mates just bought a SL 55 amg and the other (an ex footballer) just put 22" wheels on his 4.6 X5 ones nearly 50 and the others nearly 40, now they are willy wavers, No our James is a ZEALOT, and like all zealots he refuses to believe in the other side. Let him have his comments, and I can see the wry look on his face(yeugh!) when i read his posts, he's harmless and is just having a bit of fun, I bet he laughs at all the nasty replies, lets face it one of the bests threads frages is the rel one, and that was amusing when Bub and Dat were going at it, sometimes love and agreement can be a little staid, I say let him preach, it livens things up a little and gives us a chance to let off steam, he's contentious alright but then look at his pseudonym, says it all really.

Can you fell the love and hatred in the room :)

An' if a huv any mair o' yer shite I'll batter the F***in' lotta ye, aw at the same time.

analoguekid, Jul 13, 2004
  12. penance

The Devil IHTFP

You seem upset. Are you upset, Tony?

I'm not w-waving, I am giving you the benefit of my experience, some of you will listen, those who don't want to know, won't. I don't mind either way, why should I? If you don't agree with me, that's OK. But there's no need to be rude about it.

The Devil, Jul 14, 2004
  13. penance

Robbo

AK, thats fair enough, but there is a time and a place for it. giving people the benefits of his 'advice' when they have just bought a new piece of kit and are in that inevitable 'was it worth it' stage shows a distinct lack of interpersonal awareness. Oh I forgot doctors dont do interpersonal awareness.

Robbo, Jul 14, 2004
  14. penance

julian2002 Muper Soderator

guys, what do you expect bub drives a beemer. (sorry penance i'll go back on topic now).
    actually, are the ml's ex-demo or spanking new? if the former you may have less time to go before they are run in. it's worth the wait though as you know from listening to tony's/
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Jul 14, 2004
  15. penance

penance Arrogant Cock

Julian,
    I was told by hifiguy that they were obtained from a shop that had sold out, so probably hardly used.
    Last night they changed character again, stuck on some very busy music and they lost the plot with it. I seem to remember the Dyns were similar when running in.
    Wish i had repeat on my CDp.

penance, Jul 14, 2004
  16. penance

julian2002 Muper Soderator

penance, are you using the old trick of running then out of phase in mono facing each other during the day or do they get used during the day anyway?
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Jul 14, 2004
  17. penance

penance Arrogant Cock

Julian,
    No im not, ive not got a repeat function on the cdp unless i buy a remote handset.
    I may try to scrounge an old cdp today to do just that.

penance, Jul 14, 2004
  18. penance

lordsummit moderate mod

It's funny how they change, mine opened up suddenly last night just before I was about to go to bed, consequently I'm knackered today, and got shouted at by the wife for waking her up.
    Write out 10,000 times
    I must not play music loudly at night.....

Seriously though it sounds like they haven't been used that much, but even from what I'm getting at the moment it's a definite improvement

lordsummit, Jul 14, 2004
  19. penance

The Devil IHTFP

Of course we don't, Robbo. It's not as if we deal with people at difficult times, really, is it?

:rolleyes:

The Devil, Jul 14, 2004
  20. penance

penance Arrogant Cock

FFS, take it somewhere else little man.

Lord, i think your right and also as WM says, they will take a lot of time to settle in.

penance, Jul 14, 2004
Ask a Question