Stress and the final year

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Apr 26, 2005.

1. amazingtrade

Joe

His even stranger belief is that charging top-up fees will somehow help achieve this goal.

Joe, Apr 27, 2005
  2. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

That is not what the target it is, the target is 50% in HE, there is a bit of a difference. There is no way this target will be met either. I also think its stupid that the government are trying to manipulate this, if people want to go to university they will regardless of background.

As longs as you pass exams to a reasonable standard you can go. I am personaly in favour of making entry exams harder as in some cases it is to easy to get into university. Just don't judge entry standards on spelling.

amazingtrade, Apr 27, 2005
  3. amazingtrade

Paul Ranson

'are' surely?

Paul

Paul Ranson, Apr 27, 2005
  4. amazingtrade

A0S

AT this is a somewhat meta-physical and slightly radical idea, but hey why not?
    I was wondering if all the problems you are currently experiencing have a root cause. Sorry if this seems rude but I wonder if you are sub consciously causing at least some of the problems as a way of hiding or at least not facing some of your own weaknesses (there is nothing wrong with having weaknesses BTW we all have them). In your previous posts you have blamed your tutors, your equipment and your previous education. Perhaps it's time to step back and stop looking for someone or something to blame. Take an honest look at yourself, your strengths and weakness (be honest). Work on your weaknesses; if you think your spelling is bad learn to spell, even if you have to buy a teach yourself to spell book. If you acknowledge and work on your weaknesses rather than look for a scapegoat you might just find things start working for you rather than against.

Sorry if you find this post in any way offensive I am trying to help

I wish you all the best

A0S, Apr 27, 2005
  5. amazingtrade

The Devil IHTFP

Are definitely.

The Devil, Apr 27, 2005
  6. amazingtrade

penance Arrogant Cock

AOS,
    A very good post!

penance, Apr 27, 2005
  7. amazingtrade

I have worked out what the problem is anyway, the CPU has cooked itself. Should have known this coming really :(

8. amazingtrade

penance Arrogant Cock

Skirting the issue??

penance, Apr 27, 2005
  9. amazingtrade

batfink

AT - isn't there anyone else you can talk about your problems with ? It seems that whenever you have a problem (personal or otherwise), the first thing you do is post a thread on here.

I would take the advice of A0S, focussing particularly on your spelling/grammer because it WILL come back and bite you later in life if you don't sort it out now.

batfink, Apr 27, 2005
  10. amazingtrade

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

I blame microsoft word spell checkers:)

Why is everyone picking on AT?

AT - cherry pick the advice here, ignore the non constructive comments, stop tinkering with your PC and all will be well with the world.

Good luck with your exams etc - remember its 90% application, 5% talent and 5% luck.

lAmBoY, Apr 27, 2005
  11. amazingtrade

mick parry stroppy old git

AT

I am paying 40p in the Pound tax to help fund your education and as such I expect you to shut up and get on with it.

If it pisses you off, chuck it in, get a job as a dustman and let someone else have a go.

Regards

Mick

mick parry, Apr 27, 2005
  12. amazingtrade

ats

That's the way Mick. Young people today don't know they're born! I tell you in my day.....blather, blather.

ats, Apr 27, 2005
  13. amazingtrade

Mick, your deluded if you think the government is paying for all the further education, and iirc certainly not ATs.

lAmBoY, Apr 27, 2005
  14. amazingtrade

Yep we shall see but hopefully the income tax I have to pay will far out weigh th cost of my education. Also chucking in it now just with just weeks to would be a a complete waste of tax payers money.

My mates who haven't gone to university are still all earning less than £12k a year. On average my starting salary should be around £15,900 and that will increase.

Even regardless of jobs going to university has been of great benefit socialy, I doubt I would be able to debate in front of 30 people if I had kept my job in a computer factory which is what I once ended up doing for a while.

Anyway we shall see, I've not even bothered looking for jobs yet as I am focusing on passing at the moment.

My prospects probably are not brilliant but they are certainly ten times better than they were 3 years ago.

15. amazingtrade

stumblin Kittens getting even...

I think we may be seeing mob mentality in motion at the moment! Fine, maybe you aren't comfortable or don't enjoy reading AT's posts, but in that case don't read them! And certainly don't abuse the poor guy, none of us come here for that. This is an off-topic forum with no rules on what to post. I'm sure he'd have an understanding word for anyone posting about life difficulties.

AT, I've been in your situation, and yes it sucks and makes things harder than they need to be. My advice is just stay positive and work through them. Change the things you can influence, and learn to live with the things you cannot. It leads to a much, much happier life.

Sometimes life seems unfair, but it's only when you start to see a series of otherwise trivial events as major inhibitors that they actually become so. Concentrate on the actual problem - in this case getting your dissertation done. You say you can transfer it to your PIII, do it now. Fixing your main PC will wait, your dissertation will not. If you spend the next 3 days fixing your PC it becomes a major inhibitor, not a minor irritation.

I have no idea if any of this will help, but I just wanted to try to give you the benefit of my personal experience with similar situations.

stumblin, Apr 28, 2005
  16. amazingtrade

greg Its a G thing

Good point Paul :D

greg, Apr 28, 2005
  17. amazingtrade

Yeah thanks, I have been trying to sort of tell that to my dad is he is worrying about the car as it oil is pouring out of the gear box his machine is also broken so its been a bad week of us all in this house.

My dads dropping me of at a computer shop tomorrow, the problem with it is that the CPU has over heated, so I will just bring forward the upgrade to a few months. Hopefully it will only take me half an hour to put the new board in.

As for the rest of the night its more disertation, its certainly come on a bit since yesterday and things seem a bit more clear now.

amazingtrade, Apr 28, 2005
  18. amazingtrade

AT - leave the upgrade!!!! and get on with your work!!!!!

lAmBoY, Apr 28, 2005
  19. amazingtrade

mr cat Member of the month

EDS, working as a messaging engineer! :D :rolleyes:

mr cat, Apr 28, 2005
  20. amazingtrade

The Devil IHTFP

Still waiting for the "I've stubbed my toe" thread.

The Devil, Apr 28, 2005
Ask a Question