Von Schweikert VR-1

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Jimbo, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Jimbo

ListeningEar

That is very keen pricing for second-hand units but I suppose if one considers that the iF stands are now obsolete and that the VR-1 in the US domestic market had a price increase not too long ago taking to $1100 per pair (so I hear), that appears to be having a knock-on effect on the used market too.

Keep searching Jimbo, and don't forget to consider buying from Audiogon, shipping is not that difficult, the main problem is often convincing the US seller to sell to an International buyer (they think it's too much bother when in fact it's hardly any different to using UPS or FedEx in the USA, the freight forwarder/shipping agent does all the main work).

If you need any advice on shipping/importation just PM me ;)

ListeningEar, Feb 23, 2006
  2. Jimbo

Saab

400 quid for the stands! I think they were olnly 425 new!

The VR-1s clearly have a growing rep to sell for that price s/h on Ebay.

Saab, Feb 23, 2006
  3. Jimbo

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

bottleneck, Feb 23, 2006
  4. Jimbo

ListeningEar

No,...nothing to do with Von Schweikert. There is a VSA brand of cables but these are hand-made and sold under the name Verbatim,...or was it Verbatum. I never liked that name anyway, it's the same as the cheap and cheerful PC cable manufacturer I think,...too many name similarities confuses people. ;)

ListeningEar, Feb 24, 2006
Ask a Question