Your listening chair

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by dunkyboy, Sep 22, 2004.

1. dunkyboy

rewster

Mines a sofa, fairly standard other than the carefully worn groove my arse has worn in it though listening into the wee small hours. Equidistant between the speakers this foundation of position 'A' is feircly guarded, and any obvious deformation of my 'groove' is dealt with harshly. All I need now is some form of snooze alarm for the times when I drop off whilst listening and awake at around 3 am to the cleanest clearest sounds imaginable, countered only by the fact that I can no longer feel my legs and have to endure pins and needles that a japaneese prisoner of war would blanche at.

rewster, Sep 25, 2004
  2. dunkyboy

Mr_Sukebe

Tenson,

I've just bought one of those for a computer chair. It's fairly cheap stuff, but VERY comfy. I wouldn't use it for listening though, too high.

Mr_Sukebe, Sep 25, 2004
  3. dunkyboy

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Incidentally,

The time when we are listening to music and just dropping off, or just wake with it playing and we are in an almost trance like state is known as the 'hypnogogic state' . This is the mindset hypnotists try to get patients into.

In a hypnogogic state you are more susceptable to what is happening around you. Your mind is more open to its environment and parts of your brain are at work in very different ways.

I firmly believe that much of the talk about ''hifi sounding good at night'' is the state of mind of the listener more than the electricity lines at that time of day.

An interesting arguement dont you think, and one that hasnt been argued often?

Slightly off topic but there you go :)

bottleneck, Sep 25, 2004
  4. dunkyboy

dunkyboy

As this is (was) my thread, I declare discussions on hypnogogic states as valid and approved. Talking about just chairs is a little dull anyway. :)

Dunc

dunkyboy, Sep 25, 2004
Ask a Question