Auditioning the MEG RL-901K

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by 3DSonics, Aug 27, 2005.

1. 3DSonics

The Devil IHTFP

Present some comparative measurements of both speakers, taken under identical conditions, and we'll talk.

The Devil, Sep 4, 2005
  2. 3DSonics

Tenson Moderator

Same goes too you Joel, I am not going to argue with you.

I hope you buy and listen to records and go to gigs because you love doing it. If you do, thats great! :)

I'm not saying 'we' have heard more systems than you, Bub or anyone else here. I suspect however 'we' have heard more bands perform live while being recorded then played directly back through speakers than Bub has... just as I said. As far as I can tell Bub has only ben present at one recording session where he heard the performance and the recording soon after each other! I didn't say anything about you or anyone else. I don't know what you do or even who you are!

Tenson, Sep 4, 2005
  3. 3DSonics

joel Shaman of Signals

I'm not looking to argue, but you presented yourself as the pro. I was under the impression that you have some kind of fancy DAW and a band. It seems that in fact you are also a professional recording engineer. Congratulations are in order.
    FWIW, I do not work in the music industry.

joel, Sep 4, 2005
  4. 3DSonics

3DSonics away working hard on "it"

Hi,

Dear Sir, I MUST call you a shameless BLIAR. I must aslo present evidence to back up my claims, to avoid being charged with libel. I shall do so.

In post # 8 in a thread titled "ATC studio monitors" a poster using the handle "The Devil" posted:

"ATC hand builds the most accurate professional reference loudspeakers in the world."

Unless you contend that the average domestic speaker is more accurate than "the most accurate professional reference loudspeakers in the world." you have claimed exactly what has been contended by Tenson that you did.

So, read sir, I must declare you A LIAR and a COWARD, coward on the account that you where unwilling to stand up for your loose mouth when called out on it.

Uhh, ohh, the mythical "recording session in my living room", where you have not even got the most basic idea how the recordings where done, except asserting "my mate would not do that kind of thing" on account of "jazzing up" the recording.

If that is your only claim your ignorance certainly beats the deepest shafts and borings sunk by mankind in to the core of this planet by a large degree. You may wish to take up deep penetration geology on the pure strength of it...

Hmm, let me get this right.

Comparing figures that are derived to the best of the ability of each carring out experimenter according to standrd procedure cannoty be compared.

If so, nothing can be compared and any claims of accuracy, performance etc. are merely empty boasts ragardless of who issues them.

Well, that would be the kind of track a proven liar would take, when being pushed near loosing hi point in argument...

Ciao T

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2005
    3DSonics, Sep 4, 2005
  5. 3DSonics

Tenson Moderator

Thanks man! :)

Tenson, Sep 4, 2005
  6. 3DSonics

joel Shaman of Signals

No problem, ah, dude. Perhaps you'd like to circulate you FOH/Recording CV.

joel, Sep 4, 2005
  7. 3DSonics

Hi,

My CV reads: "Mr. TL has held (and suceeded in) more jobs than any sane person would admit to.

Between around 86 and 93 I spend at least halve my time in live and recording sound (the rest divided at different between EE, DJ and running clubs).

I took a career break in 94 and went back to university and via IT/Networking ended up in Finance, next career break coming no doubt, in recent times I have bben again doing the very occasional bit in studios....

Don't try to put me into a drawer, I don't fit there....

L8er T

3DSonics, Sep 4, 2005
  8. 3DSonics

Tenson Moderator

Please everyone lets not get in to an argument or 'heated debate'. The Devil has already started a bit of name calling so lets leave it be 'eh? I think everyone has made their point clear, even if the 'other side' refuses to accept it.

Tenson, Sep 4, 2005
  9. 3DSonics

The Devil IHTFP

That was posted by me as a direct quote from ATC. Argue with them, and don't call me a liar.

It's "mythical", now, is it? Alan records straight down the line with acoustic music.

Hmm, of course they can't. Measurements need to be compared under identical conditions. You are trying to compare MEG's own figures wth those taken separately by a hi-fi magazine. Nonsense. If you have a scientific background, you'd acknowledge that.

The Devil, Sep 4, 2005
  10. 3DSonics

The Devil IHTFP

Yes, and I've just been misquoted & called a liar. I recognise exactly what you are.

The Devil, Sep 4, 2005
  11. 3DSonics

Tenson Moderator

What I am?

Tenson, Sep 4, 2005
  12. 3DSonics

Hi,

You posted here:

http://www.zerogain.com/forum/showpost.php?p=116246&postcount=8

You posted without attribution of quote. You nposted without explicitly making clear it was a quote from another source.

If it is indeed a quote from ATC, you made it your own claim.

"Are you hard of reading as well as hard of thinking?"

L8er T

3DSonics, Sep 4, 2005
  13. 3DSonics

The Devil IHTFP

Do you know what it means when quotation marks are applied to a piece of text?

You are deliberately trying to blacken my character. Any reasonable person can see that what I posted is a quote, and, in the context of that thread, it's obviously from ATC themselves.

You've lost the argument, and are clutching at straws.

The Devil, Sep 4, 2005
  14. 3DSonics

Tenson Moderator

Sorry I don't mean to come across as a 'know it all'. I am aware my comment about hearing more bands recorded and played back than you was written perhaps a bit un-tactfully. However I'm afraid the way you keep referring too your recording session as if it is the be all and end all of accuracy tests and talking about studios got me slightly annoyed.

Tenson, Sep 4, 2005
  15. 3DSonics

Hi,

My wife is one of the PA's she has for the rest of this month (and last month) weekends as part of the beauty pageant she is in, normally "fiance's and spouses not welcome", I could buy tickets on the door and watch her on stage, instead I'll consider it "pub time".

Last weekend was fun though, she was was on the Kiss100 Float at the Carnival.

Yeah, there is not much like it. BTW, AD is definitly NuSkool, not old school, old school is like GMF, Sugarhill, NWA and so on.

It is like a later day Grandmaster Flash (check that out) and a lot of other Sugarhill stuff.

Some of Eryka Badu's stuff goes in a similar vein.

Totally different musically, but very interesting is Jonny "Clegg" Savuka and Bruce Cockburn, plus try listen to some south and west african music, in south africa anything gumboots and of course Brenda, in west Africa anything Mende (popular example from the clubs - Mory Kante Yeke Yeke).

Ciao T

3DSonics, Sep 4, 2005
  16. 3DSonics

joel Shaman of Signals

Very few of us do.
    I have some acquaintances who are professionals, that is they are engineers who make their living from doing this. You don't seem to fit in that drawer, either.
    It's a hard path to travel - even for those with the necessary talent and commitment.

joel, Sep 4, 2005
  17. 3DSonics

Hi,

You are aware (you should be if you ever wrote a dissertation) that a quote without attribution is (even with "quotes") is either what you claim or a plagiat.

My dear sir, even if I tried my very best (which is rather good, let me assure you) I could not possibly get as good an effect as you obtain with your average post.

So no, I am not trying anything, I am merely hold you to your own word.

L8er T

3DSonics, Sep 4, 2005
  18. 3DSonics

Hi,

I have learned over time not to mix "business and pleasure". These days I prefer to earn the rent, gas and electricity bill with "just a job" and do stuff I actually care about strictly for fun and extra pocket money...

After learning "sound engineering" in east germany and learning a form of ethics with it (and doing so because I loved music and was crap playing instruments) I found I fitted particulary ill into the commercial framework of the western music inductry...

Ciao T

3DSonics, Sep 4, 2005
  19. 3DSonics

joel Shaman of Signals

Tonmeister. Now I really am impressed.

joel, Sep 4, 2005
  20. 3DSonics

Hi,

I think I still have a piece of paper with that word on it, it also graded me B+.... ;-)

I now prefer the term "Tonverantwortlicher"....

But heck, it's ancient history...

Ciao T

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2005
    3DSonics, Sep 4, 2005
Ask a Question