China?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by titian, Jul 1, 2004.

1. titian

BlueMax

You are right of course. Climate and terrain do cause changes. Templetons research goes to a much deeper level.

Templeton goes on to say, "There is more genetic similarity between Europeans and sub-Saharan Africans and between Europeans and Melanesians, inhabitants of islands northeast of Australia, than there is between Africans and Melanesians. Yet, sub-Saharan Africans and Melanesians share dark skin, hair texture and cranial-facial features, traits commonly used to classify people into races."
    According to Templeton, this example shows that 'racial traits' are grossly incompatible with overall genetic differences between human populations."

Much more at http://www.crystalinks.com/biorace.html

BlueMax, Jul 6, 2004
  2. titian

Drucker

Bottleneck,

The EL34 integrated amplifier is another product from China under the brand name "Classic". This is just another great product from China that is not explored to the West.

"Classic" web site - www.yushang-audio.com

If you prefers tube amplifier, you may want to check up the following web site

"Bole" web site - www.boleyx.com

Happy viewing

Cheer! :beer:

Drucker, Jul 8, 2004
  3. titian

Drucker

Joel,

I'm afraid might not have much information to add onto it as I was not involved in the shoot up. :shame:

I'll only be back to HK by late Oct.

My friend feedback is that AR lack resolution and pace, SF is worst sound like old grandfather amplifier in comparison with the Xindak. Perhaps aging problem is the main issue. That's all I know.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2004
    Drucker, Jul 8, 2004
  4. titian

joel Shaman of Signals

Hi Drucker,
    No problem. My brief brushes with Chinese audio in Taiwan and HK lead me to think that there is a preference over there for a sweet but fairly rhthmic sound (so not quite an "American hi-end" sound in truth).
    Anyway, I look forward to seeing what interesting things come out of China over the next few years!
    In the meantime, back to the Accuphase for me :D

joel, Jul 8, 2004
  5. titian

Drucker

Joel,

Very soon...maybe sooner than you expected...:boughtMF:

Drucker, Jul 9, 2004
  6. titian

alanbeeb Grumpy young fogey

Shanling SCD-T200C

A few weeks ago I took the plunge an ordered one of these direct from China -It arrived yesterday, so wasted no time in setting it up and getting it burned-in. I paid £900 including delivery, compared to £2300 UK retail! No sign of customs or VAT bills yet....

I'm going to let it play for at least a week more or less continuously before I make any critical judgements, but have had a bit of a listen and sounds good so far, beating my current Sony SCD XA3000ES on first impressions of the sound. Its been playing on repeat now for about 16 hours, and hasn't blown up yet. So I haven't been scammed.

Build Quality is not bad but not 100% .... if I was a car mag reviewer I'd be mentioning that the panel gaps are not terribly consistent when you look close up, and that I had to slightly loosen one corner foot before it sat straight on the shelf.

But so far sounds great. Have also tried the valve headphone output, it could render my Headmaster redundant. I'm happy so far! :)

alanbeeb, Jul 17, 2004
  7. titian

BlueMax

Which supplier in China did you use? Do they have a website?
    Normally Duty and VAT have to be paid when goods are delivered.
    You might have got away with it! Who was the carrier?
    Thanks.

BlueMax, Jul 17, 2004
  8. titian

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Alan, when I imported my CAL dac from the US, the customs bill came by post several weeks later.

Regardless, congratulations on your bargain.

How do you find the valve/vs solid state output of the CDP? (I understand you can choose?)

Im sure you'll love it, but if you turn out not to like it, Im sure you could get your money back on the second hand market.

:)
    Chris

bottleneck, Jul 17, 2004
  9. titian

alanbeeb Grumpy young fogey

I am feeling pretty pleased with myself... have just listened to Holst Planets on SACD (Gardiner/Philharmonia) and its good. Very good.
    I got it from www.nysound.com - they do a big range of Chinese hifi. They are based in New York but are obviously acting as agents for people in China. I saw it advertised on ebay, they have it running again:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3272&item=3826777084&rd=1

It was shipped by DHL, it took exactly 2 weeks from me paying (using paypal, no charges) to arriving here. Only downside so far is that the manual is in Chinese.

I'll do a full review after a few weeks but if it continues to get better than it is now after further burn in time then I'll be the cat's pyjamas. :D

I haven't tried the valve output stage yet.... don't want to try too much until I'm sure its burnt in and I've got used to it. But the headphone output stage uses tubes and it sounds very good... if I end up selling my previous player and the seperate headphone amp I have, then this will end up costing me very little indeed, and it looks like things are going that way. :cool:

alanbeeb, Jul 17, 2004
Ask a Question