Digital Interconnects

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by pidge22, Aug 28, 2005.

1. pidge22

moray james moray james

have ya tried them?

I have a personal bias so I won't go there. I did read the first page of this thread and I am surprised that the na sayers did not give any comment of cables they had compared and how they did not make a difference. I hope they are just not bothering to take the time to share thier experiences. Sure hope they are not just spouting a belief with no trial and error to back it up.
    I can sure hear differences. I would suggest a visit to the local dealer and ask to borrow a range of three digital interconnects. Ask for the three interconnects which represent (in his opinion) the best performance at entry level, mid priced and absolute top of the line. Important that you reference to his best digital interconnect regardless of cost. This will not cost you a penny and you can determine for yourself if there is a difference in your system and to your ears. Might I also suggest you borrow a top of the line mains power cord for your player so you can get the best possible idea of how the digitals sound.
    By Sunday night you should have all the information you need to decide if you want to get into this further. But most important will be that you will know for yourself. Best regards Moray James.

moray james, Sep 12, 2005
  2. pidge22

zanash

Well said...............spot on the mark James !

zanash, Sep 12, 2005
  3. pidge22

ChrisPa

Yes I did. There's good general sense in there, but (as ever) doesn't mean I agree with all of it.
    Yes.

I come here to learn from others' experience... which doesn't mean I agree or accept everything that's said by any individual, but they (mostly) have a valid point to make. Just as with car reviews, I can read and do my own filtering and weighting based on my personal criteria.

I'm particularly interested by any attempt to make a level headed match between subjective assessments and intrumentation measurements, as hopefully this will advance our understanding, and this seems to me to be what Thorsten tries to do. I don't accept all his pecadillos (eg. C37 laquer, shun mook), but:
    - I haven't tried such things
    - my ears are beginning to go past their sell-by date, so if I can't hear things it doesn't mean someone else can't
    ...And most importantly, even if someone is 'wrong' in their assement of one device, it doesn't inherently negate their other assessments.
    ...just because I don't agree with one part of Toole's article doesn't mean I disagree with all of it

ChrisPa, Sep 13, 2005
Ask a Question