F***ing pay as you go road tax!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by angi73, Jun 5, 2005.

1. angi73

Graham C

Beat congestion? Take 10 large areas around the country. It could be MOD, royal, church or gov land for example. Plan out evolving modular cities, with predetermined changes of land use as it grows. Plan in public transport, local employment estates, local housing, local shops, links to other areas. Ban cars for internal journeys. At the moment we have people in town A working in B, people in B working in A - all in equivalent jobs.

Incidentally, I have noticed that employers place zero importance on whether you live locally, so make them pay and they will soon hire people on a different rating system

Graham C, Jun 8, 2005
  2. angi73

auric FOSS

I would suggest that the Chairwoman of The Select Transport Committeee may well stand up to those who wish to push this plan through the House.

FTA

auric, Jun 8, 2005
  3. angi73

leonard smalls GufmeisterGeneral

Absolutely!
    That's why I see myself as ultra-green for having a 30 year old LandRover and a 31 year old mosickle...
    And I do think that perfectly good cars are scrapped far too easily at the moment - insurance cars write off motors that have got scratched bodywork, ffs. In India those cars would go on for another 40 years!
    We have far too much of a throw away culture - only new is good and old is bad..

leonard smalls, Jun 8, 2005
  4. angi73

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Ah - but India has that dry heat, man! Throw away culture though - don't even get me started on that one. White goods that fail after 5 years, stereos and TVs that fail after 1 - it's ridiculous.

domfjbrown, Jun 9, 2005
Ask a Question