Firefox 1.0RC1 is out

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sgt Rock, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Sgt Rock

michaelab desafinado

:lol:

Reminds me of a time when I was waiting for someone outside Notting Hill tube station and as a rather attractive young girl in a very short skirt walked past two male louts nearby exclaimed "'fuâda-se! Que gaija tão bÃ'ua!" :D

The Porto accent - you've gotta love it :)

(for the benefit of Portuguese students here, the spelling in these phrases has been altered to reflect the accent of the North of Portugal, so don't refer to it for your homework :D )

Michael.

michaelab, Nov 5, 2004
  2. Sgt Rock

GTM Resistance IS Futile !

How exactly? I've tried a couple of adjustments there but no difference I must have made the wrong ones.

Kind of makes you question the usefulness of FF even more with out tabbed browsing however !

There is another thing that irks me, (sorry I know this is probably getting tiresome for all you FF fans ! :p ). Sometimes in the URL you can't highlight the text from left to right. You HAVE to do it right to left. Bleeding annoying when I want to copy and paste stuff. The same seems to happen in TB too with email addresse s etc, (at least it did in 0.8). What's that all about then?
    Strangely it doesn't happen all the time.

GTM

GTM, Nov 5, 2004
  3. Sgt Rock

Sgt Rock

Sorry perhaps they've disabled it then.

Have you tried the tab browser extension ?

Sgt Rock, Nov 5, 2004
  4. Sgt Rock

michaelab desafinado

It really does appear that they've made some monumental cock ups with RC1 and RC2. I mean, introducing a bug in tabbed browsing at this late stage is a disaster. Fortunately I stuck with 1.0PR and the release you get from the homepage is also 1.0PR so only the diehards will be downloading RCx versions.

Michael.

michaelab, Nov 5, 2004
  5. Sgt Rock

Sgt Rock

Sgt Rock, Nov 5, 2004
Ask a Question