Racks

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by griffo104, Oct 4, 2005.

1. griffo104

kennyk thecrossovernetwork.com

actually, you brought up the distortion from connector vibrations first.

kennyk, Oct 4, 2005
  2. griffo104

mr cat Member of the month

yeah, and you would know all about that... :D

mr cat, Oct 4, 2005
  3. griffo104

analoguekid Planet Rush

wasting your time Kenny they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience :rolleyes:

analoguekid, Oct 4, 2005
  4. griffo104

Stereo Mic

I'm sure you mean raise up rather than drag down, but I guess the experience bit is probably spot on.

Stereo Mic, Oct 4, 2005
  5. griffo104

analoguekid Planet Rush

no mer**n read it again it's in plain english, surely even you can understand it, no need to interpret (wrongly) drag down is drag down, not up. The experience refers to self opinionated nonsense with your usual hidden agenda

analoguekid, Oct 4, 2005
  6. griffo104

titian

did anyone notice the wonderful racks at the heathrow show? :cool: :)

titian, Oct 4, 2005
  7. griffo104

griffo104

Good job I didn't start anything controversial here :(

My amps are Linn and from experience they don't tend to be too fussy about their placement. I need to tidy my room and now that I no longer have a large CRT TV between the speakers I can place the amps between the speakers with short runs of cable, instead of the big thick tri-wire Linn cable which is unsightly and difficult to deal with.

I have a couple of 3m interconnects so can leave some equipment on the other stand.

The Orbe is currently on a wall shelf with a Voodoo pneumatic platform underneath, as is the PSU albeit on smaller one, and is currently sounding pretty damn fine.

Getting a second rack will allow the room to be a lot tidier. The Soundstyle mentioned earlier looks very nice - and it isn't in black.

I still don't totally understand how solid state amps can be affected by vibration but would be very happy if anyone out there can explain it.

griffo104, Oct 4, 2005
  8. griffo104

Stereo Mic

Bizarre reaction. Surely you are the only one with the hidden agenda, although I understand it is less well hidden than you might like.

Why not pop off to the ART forum and play with your buddies instead of deliberately trying to wind Bub up?

Titian,

I did notice the Pagodes in a number of rooms, also the Quadraspire rep doing the funniest demonstration of theremarkable qualities of acrylic I have ever witnesed!

Stereo Mic, Oct 4, 2005
  9. griffo104

penance Arrogant Cock

gowan, expand??

penance, Oct 4, 2005
  10. griffo104

Dev Moderator

Yes I did. How much money did you make by renting them out Titian? :D.

Dev, Oct 4, 2005
  11. griffo104

Stereo Mic

Penance, it's really a visual thing but imagine this bloke playing an extract of music using an Arcam CD player placed on a normal rack.

The music played, he stood in front of the assembled masses looking for all the world as if he had just been diagnosed with a terminal illness.

There followed a flowing description of what we could expect when listening using the acrylic shelves as he perked up and moved the Arcam onto the gleaming transparent rack.

As he it's play he completes his remarkable return from the clutches of death, cavorting enthusiastically to the music, clicking his fingers and smiling and pointing at the entralled audience.

I didn't know whether to be joyous for him in light of his miraculous recovery, or smack him in the face for trying to hoodwink honest people out of their hard earned.

Stereo Mic, Oct 4, 2005
  12. griffo104

penance Arrogant Cock

Excellent, paints a great picture (like many shows!)

penance, Oct 4, 2005
  13. griffo104

analoguekid Planet Rush

Merlin I have no hidden agenda, as you well know, yet you insist on making baseless accusations, with no proof other than hearsay, perhaps it's just that all your facts are wrong, i dunno, sad though, but then so is trolling, (ie once banned pretending to be someone else) very sad in fact.

As for winding bub up, well I answered a reasonable post, then along comes bub, and TBH I wasn't winding him up, thats your job.

ART forum, I'm not sure what you mean, if you mean wigwam, why not contact the forum owner and ask about his business dealings, he posts here under the name Hifiwigwam.

And I certainly won't go away from a forum just coz you say so, it's none of your business, so could we keep it on topic, and dispense with your attempt to libel my name, so unless you have proof, please don't jump to ridiculous conclusions. It only serves to make you look even sillier than you already do.

analoguekid, Oct 4, 2005
  14. griffo104

titian

:D
    They were looking too good for coming from my place. ;)
    If I buy something, it is for using it, not for keeping it new forever. ;)

titian, Oct 4, 2005
  15. griffo104

Garmt

It's a great table, love it! :)

I don't think glass sounds very good for a rack, but who am I... I like the Spider and Pagoda racks from Finite Elemente most, the Spider gives a lively sound with lots of speed, the Pagoda gives a very authorative sound with great bass control, but some loss of 'life'. With Linn, I would go for a lighter rack.

Any electronic component is microphonic, so all audio components are as well. I have found that putting 3 simple cones under an amplifier already improves things a lot. Needn't be expensive.

Garmt, Oct 4, 2005
  16. griffo104

Stereo Mic

Firstly, once you have got off your high horse, I am Stereo Mic, not this Merlin.

Merlin does not post here anymore. He is a good friend. He does not post because he got totally fed up with argueing with people like you. I can fully understand his point.

As for the rest of your diatribe, everyone now knows what your game is, and hopefully they treat you accordingly. But I fail to see the point in you coming over to Zerogain with no intention of contributing anything other than to try to provoke those that got the better of you in previous exchanges, and to advertise the ART forum and certain products.

Can we please leave it there, if you want to take this further, please feel free to PM me.

Stereo Mic, Oct 4, 2005
  17. griffo104

Dev Moderator

Paul and others, please stop this nonsense now, before we are forced to delete posts or close the thread. Please refer to AUP regarding arguments from other forums.

Paul, just for your information, Merlin was never banned from here for breaching any AUP. He wanted to stop posting here.

Dev, Oct 4, 2005
  18. griffo104

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I had a sinking feeling the moment I saw the title of this thread that it would rapidly degenerate into this sort of argument. Of course, if I close it then there'll be the usual barrage of PMs and the argument will just be moved into another thread. If I leave it open there'll be the usual flood of "reported post" emails in my inbox...

:rolleyes:

I-S, Oct 4, 2005
  19. griffo104

lordsummit moderate mod

Was this performer at Hi-fi the incredible dancing man with his Quadraspire? I've met him, a great entertainer

lordsummit, Oct 4, 2005
  20. griffo104

Stereo Mic

That was the man! The odd thing was I don't think there was a person in the room who hoestly could hear a difference.

But what a show - I'd employ the guy!

Stereo Mic, Oct 4, 2005
Ask a Question