Sony SCD-1 mods

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Class A, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Class A

joel Shaman of Signals

Yes it is, and from the little I heard I would tend to agree with you. The technology will no doubt be coming to an AV amp near you soon.
    I wish we had Tact for 800 quid. The cheapest tact on sale here is, I think, in the region of 3.5K. What do you get for 800quid?
    Not an adept, I'm afraid. I'm just a Kirin swigging Pachinko chimp.

joel, Jul 8, 2004
  2. Class A

merlin

Joel,

I was referring to the new SDA amplifier, which is basically their take on typical Class D, T etc. Not great in the upper mids (a bit electronic in character), but bass control is superb and at the money it's putting a fair few overpriced "Digital" amps in their place.

With the likes of Tact & Sonateer bringing the product to the masses (along with Panasonic I am lead to believe!), the future for mid priced hifi is looking rosey :)

merlin, Jul 8, 2004
  3. Class A

greg Its a G thing

:D . Joel I do sincerely appreciate your approach. Though I cant help but keep thinking about the classic film "Yakuza" with Robert Mitchum (great film)

greg, Jul 8, 2004
  4. Class A

SteveC PrimaLuna is not cheese

That was later renamed the ArsePod

SteveC, Jul 8, 2004
Ask a Question