teenage pregs.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lt Cdr Data, May 23, 2005.

1. Lt Cdr Data

julian2002 Muper Soderator

as someone who's relied on the benefit system in the past i'd prefer not to see it go. i'd prefer a sliding scale applied for good parenting and responsibility (taking parenting courses, dealing with your child when they misbehave at school in cooperation with teachers rather than blaming them, that kind of thing).
    as for the article it quotes a figure of 600 quid a week but isn;t clear whether that is each or for all 3. i suspect the latter. now 200 quid isn't a lot to live on when you consider that probably includes housing benefit and council tax benifit too. certainly as a single parent on income support you end up with about 90 quid a week to live (food, electricity, gas, tv license, etc.) so it's not a lot really and certainly not enough to suport the champagne lifestyle some think the unemployed enjoy.
    for me though the most disturbing thing is what the kids have called their kits... amani, t-jay and lita, now that's just fcuked up.

oh and to answer those asking what encouragement there is to 'get a job' well, when i started my own small business i was eligable for tax credits. i didn;t claim the full amount (it's based on an estimate of your earnings) however even with a gross over estimate of what i'd earn i was still getting about the same in tax credits as i was on income support. the thing is this isn;t publicised so hardly anyone knows or understands what this is all about.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, May 23, 2005
  2. Lt Cdr Data

A0S

It seems people are being taught not to accept responsibility for anything. I don't know if this stems from the same sort of ideas that had school sports banned so that that no one would feel bad about losing or from the compensation culture where admitting responsibility leaves you open to being sued. But it is a problem.

A0S, May 23, 2005
  3. Lt Cdr Data

johnhunt recidivist

Julain

so the parents of kids who misbehave get less than the parents who's kids behave. that's preposterous. amongth other things it presupposes that everyone on benefit has children and troubesome ones at that. do you see life as a kitchen sink drama to be kept one step away from? . well if you do please desist in passing judgement on things you clearly do not understand

John

johnhunt, May 23, 2005
  4. Lt Cdr Data

rsand I can't feel my toes

Proof of the pudding John, and there is definately one in the oven. That makes me sick, and judging other posts I'm not in the minority here.

You think theres nothing wrong?

What I'm saying is, if nothing else there should be a consiquence to the action which could be a deterent, clearly something needs to change and fast!

rsand, May 23, 2005
  5. Lt Cdr Data

johnhunt recidivist

aos

of course people are being not being ''taught not to accept responsibility for anything'' Did you read that in the Daily Mail?

and your point about compenstation culture is wrong. there is no 'compensation culture' that you speak of. do you know anyone who's been compensated? what there is is a focus on risk with business,local/central government etc because rightly people can get redress if they are wronged. And what it wrong with that?

johnhunt, May 23, 2005
  6. Lt Cdr Data

johnhunt recidivist

rsand

you post makes no sense.

John

johnhunt, May 23, 2005
  7. Lt Cdr Data

Lt Cdr Data om

John, compensation culture is rife, where there's blame, there's a claim, papers are full of lawyers ads, even radio adverts telling you to phone for compensation. slightest thing happens now and you can sue, even more so if you're a woman or gay or coloured.
    I know people that have.
    To say there isn't is just as narrow minded as you accuse others of, in kindness and respect.

Lt Cdr Data, May 23, 2005
  8. Lt Cdr Data

Neither does that :)

What part makes no sence to you I will try to re word it for you

rsand, May 23, 2005
  9. Lt Cdr Data

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

What rsand is saying (I think) is that the mother's absolved herself of all responsibility, and the state picks up the tab for her kids' misdemeaners.

And they ARE misdemeaners - sex with or between MINORS is ILLEGAL. So why aren't the "mothers" and "fathers" in jail, with the babies in care? Oh yah, not PC enough is it?

I may diss my natural mother something rotten, but being adopted was a good move. These little people are being cared for by little people themselves; they should be adopted or in care, or the mother should be paying towards her daughters' lack of will power to keep their legs shut.

Sorry if that offends John; I for one resent having to work my arse off to fund this sort of crap. Being disabled and working, I see hundreds of people with far more physical ability than me doing sweet FA on purpose and yeah, it DOES piss me off.

domfjbrown, May 23, 2005
  10. Lt Cdr Data

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

i gotta agree with that

lAmBoY, May 23, 2005
  11. Lt Cdr Data

A0S

Hi John,
    I'm afraid I didn't read it in the Daily Mail as I'm not a Mail reader.

As you say I have never had to deal with the compensation culture though I have heard or seen occasional adverts by members of the legal profession suggesting people may be entitled to compensation.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2005
    A0S, May 23, 2005
  12. Lt Cdr Data

badchamp Thermionic Member

Hmm.....I think (or would hope) that the general sentiment is that benefits system should be a safety net - and I for one have always strongly argued for it, having suffered through Maggies years of workforce scrapheap building. Even so, I feel strongly that along with the entitlement to that safety net must go a level of responsibility which this family clearly have not been educated in. The blame for that lack of education IMHO lies partly with successive governments (such programms are expensive and unlikely to show results within that governments term) but also us voters who find it a lot easier to vote for our own pockets. There's always been a debate about the deserving and undeserving poor and its still with us.

badchamp, May 23, 2005
  13. Lt Cdr Data

Sid and Coke

From the Scottish Daily Express:

" But when Natasha discovered she was pregnant at the same time she was 'Delighted'.

She said: " She wasn't planned but i didn't want to give her up. I don't really want to be anything but a full time mum".

I bet you don't , you pointless , tax sponging, bitch

She goes on (probably with a strong regional accent);

"Hopefully I'm going to get a house of my own. I'm on the council waiting list at the moment so I've just got to wait".

No wonder i fell knackered all the time, seeing my contribution to the welfare state being eroded by this type of scum.

i can well remember asking my Mum for my National Insurance card, so that i could go and 'sign on' with my mates just after i'd left school. She refused to give it to me until I'd secured myself either a job, or a place at college ( i went to college for a year, but is was a YOP scheme with 50:50 work placement ). A she quite rightly pointed out to me at the time :

Quote Sids mum:
    "we don't have dossers in this house, your Dad has ever been a dosser and you're not going to start that game either !".

I never did get to sign on, I followed Norman Tebbits advice, got on my bike and have never got off it since, not even for a single day....

It makes my blood boil...

Sid and Coke, May 23, 2005
  14. Lt Cdr Data

Here! here!

The point I was trying to make is if there is a real threat that 12 year old mothers will be taken into care, and their child adopted it would be a deterent. Instead they're given money and a house, I know they dont have the life of riley or are minted but its still a much better style of life than they have any right to.

rsand, May 23, 2005
  15. Lt Cdr Data

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I can't be bothered saying much here simply becuase I have had a big discussion about it in the pub.

The conclusion basicaly was that cearly the mother is to be blame, blaming the school is simply stupid,how many other kids who went to that school have kids at 12?

I agree with the state system but I hate it when people abuse it, I am not going to sign on when I am entitled to it becuase it would be imoral for me to do so, I've not yet paid a penny in income tax so I don't deserve it.

If and when I get a job and I loose it I will have no problems going on the dole then.

amazingtrade, May 23, 2005
  16. Lt Cdr Data

wolfgang

I think this is real problem indeed. Our welfare system is too soft. Supports are given without limits or conditions like at some point these mothers (and the boys who fathered these children) need to seek and work in a full time employment. Back in my college years, lots of girls go around trying very hard to get pregnant without looking at who are these boys they are sleeping with. Or at least can't be bothered if it happens as they couldn't see beyond a life other then a full time mom living off the welfare system. They don't need more sex education. More reality check in facts of life. Learn to gets on with everyone, we all work to earn a small salary that last for one month only, otherwise you die.
    Swiss teenagers are also having sex as a Google quickly establish underage preagnancy and abortions do occur in that country.

Data,
    I am not sure what is your intention starting this thread in the first place. I don't think the general public really wanted and ready to demand real reforms with the social-welfare system in UK. Everyone attention seems to be blaming the immigrants (who appear to be willing to forsake everything to come here to work) when the true problem has always been around. Oh. And if your SW system is not so idiotic in the first place those percentage who never had intention to work, you think they will still come here?

wolfgang, May 23, 2005
  17. Lt Cdr Data

GAZZ

It is the Mothers and the girl's fault. Educating your own children is important. When I was 5 I new I was an individual and what was right and wrong, so the 3 girls must take the blame too.

Taking the babies off the girls (certainly not women) would cost the country more money, but in the long run would be better for the babies and the country. The government won't take this decision, as it will mean higher taxes. The boys who fathered the babies should be prosecuted; there is not legal age for males to father children but is for females. It is not the baby's fault they were born under these circumstances so taking money from them would serve no good.

Remember this country will have working age population crisis in a few years so I am in support of women of 18 and above being financially helped to have 3 or more children. This will solve the pension crisis, but will never be implemented as will cost too much in the short run.

GAZZ, May 23, 2005
  18. Lt Cdr Data

julian2002 Muper Soderator

no john, parents who take an interest in raising their kids should get more money than those who just kick them out of an evening with a quid for a bag of chips.
    perhaps you should read what i wrote before going off on one.

all i'm saying is that good parenting should be encouraged and rewarded rather than bad parenting punished. hmm bit like raising kids really.
    as for knowing about good parenting, walk a mile in my shoes before commenting on that. idiot.
    cheers

julian.

julian2002, May 23, 2005
  19. Lt Cdr Data

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I am dreading having kids for this reason and I do want them eventualy. Its all very easy to critisise parents but I suppose until you become a parent it can be difficult.

I would imagine most of good parent is about common sense and hard work. One thing I am going to try and do with my kids is make sure they are not passed onto other people to look after al the time.

amazingtrade, May 23, 2005
  20. Lt Cdr Data

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

It seems that the boys are getting off lightly - it takes 2 to tango but the girls are left holding the baby (literally!).

I understand boys are just a mass of hormones that would shag anything with a pulse (hell we're all like that until we hit 70:)) - but they should shoulder the burden and 'do the right thing' - if this was enforced and made public at schools, I bet a lot more freebie condoms will be used!

lAmBoY, May 23, 2005
Ask a Question